Role-players Who Threaten To Leave A Game

Role-players Threaten Leave Game - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2018 - 12:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Role-players Who Threaten Leave Game
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

How do you handle role-players who like to threaten to leave a game if events in the game do not go in the direction they had in mind?

Role-players Who Threaten To Leave A Game (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Leave Threaten Role-players

Let them leave. Blackmail, if allowed once, will always come out again. It's not worth the stress and possible bad blood with the other players to keep someone with that kind of attitude in a game.

21st Sep, 2018 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Role-players Who Threaten To Leave A Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

If I think they were just being self-absorbed then I would gesture to hold the door for them while they go out as it would be better for everyone if they did leave.

22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

I would not display any emotion. I would just say, "Ok, nice playing with you… "and then turn my head back to the game and carry on.

9th Nov, 2018 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

If anyone tries to do this you should let them leave and be cautious if he/she wants to play again.

I haven't seen this happening many times while I was playing.

10th Nov, 2018 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

I like what reader said. These kinds of players, or non-players depending on how you see it, feed off of emotion trying to get everyone to care about their wanting to leave.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Nov, 2018 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Role-players Threaten Leave Game

Don't let the door hit you where evolution split you. I never negotiate with terrorists. If you aren't having fun and want to ruin the game for others with your drama then leave. I don't tolerate drama and trying to bully me into changing my decisions or hit rewind because your dice betrayed you.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2018 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Role-players Threaten Leave Game Board Card & RPG Reviews

Tell those players that it's "Tough luck, but I am not going to cater to your wishes just because you'll leave if I don't. There's no solid reasoning behind your statement, and if you want to leave, then leave. I am not stopping you, just as you are not stopping what is about to happen."
If it's about set boundaries and a Dungeon Master going past those anyway, then yes, I'd give full credits to the player, but in this case it just sounds like a demanding child that wants the game to go its way.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Role-players Who Threaten To Leave A Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,