Sarah Palin - Page 3 of 26

Here is some of what the Trooper did, I think - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Sep, 2008 - 2:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (26) »

?
Poll: Will Sarah Palin make a good Vice President?
  100% Sure       16.00%
  I'm positive she will do very good       20.00%
  I think she will do OK       32.00%
  I do not think she will do very well       24.00%
  Uncertain       8.00%
Total Votes: 25
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Former beauty queen. Former Governor of Alaska. Ran as a nominee for US Vice President with McCain. Could she also be a future US President?
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2008 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sarah Palin - Page 3

Report: Secretive Right-Wing Group Vetted McCain's VP Candidate Sarah Palin

Max Blumenthal of The Nation reports: Last week, while the media focused almost obsessively on the DNC's spectacle in Denver, the country's most influential conservatives met quietly at a hotel in downtown Minneapolis to get to know Sarah Palin. The assembled were members of the Council for National Policy, an ultra-secretive cabal that networks wealthy right-wing donors together with top conservative operatives to plan long-term movement strategy.
Ref. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2008 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Palin Sarah

I am amazed at how much focus they are giving the daughter of Sarah Palin because she is pregnant. There are two MAIN views:

1. Sarah Palin brought her family into this and showed them off as 'role models' so it is her fault.

2. The daughter did not ask for this spotlight and should not be highlighted by the media because she is not running for office.

Now having mentioned those two points here are some other issues:

A. McCain made fun of Obama comparing him to Spears, now we see a Spears situation here.

B. Sarah Palin is against giving out condoms and often talks about family values.

What are your thoughts?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Sep, 2008 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin History & Civil Business Politics

Here is a nicely done blog article "The Case Against the Case Against Palin":
Source 2

...Palin slaughtered the incumbent in the primary--posting a 30 point margin of victory--and went on to win the general (over a former Democratic governor) without seeming to break a sweat. She then quickly fulfilled an implicit campaign promise by slapping down ExxonMobil, BP, and ConocoPhillips in negotiations over a proposed Alaska natural gas pipeline, even though they, too, by all accounts, were well prepared to dine on her tender little frame. Not bad for a lightweight.

Listening to the Democratic leadership respond to John McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate, one hears echoes of the Alaska Republican leadership from just a few years ago. Barack Obama's spokesman, Bill Burton, put it this way: "Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency." Former mayor? If you're going to skip over her job as governor and, before that, her job heading the commission that oversees production of the largest petroleum reserves in America, why not "former high school student"? Bah, what does it matter: She's just a small town mayor, just a hockey mom, just a beauty pageant queen. Palin has never shunned these belittling monikers, in part, I imagine, because the camouflage has served her so well. Soothed by the litany, her opponents tend to sleep too late, sneer too much, and forget who it is that hires them.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2008 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Palin Sarah

Governor Sarah Palin: The Woman The Pro-Life Movement Has Been Waiting For
by Maria Vitale

Back in 1984, I was a college student excited about casting my first vote in a Presidential election. I was doing an internship in the Governor's Mansion in Ohio, which allowed me the opportunity to attend an event featuring then Democratic Vice-Presidential nominee Geraldine Ferraro. Someone I knew from the Governor's office ushered my Dad and me up to the front of a receiving line, and I had the chance to shake hands with candidate Ferraro. As soon as it happened, I turned around and hugged my Dad. I was excited because this was the first woman to be on a major party Presidential ticket. I felt as if a new world were opening up for women. But there was a problem. Even though Geraldine was Catholic like me and Italian like me, she was also pro-abortion. At the time, I really didn't understand what impact a Vice-President or President could have on abortion. I was very naïve, and thought that the key to resolving the abortion issue was nowhere to be found in politics. I ended up having a heated debate with my aunt over the issue of Ferraro's support of abortion, which caused my aunt to run crying from the room. It wasn't until much later, after I had joined the pro-life movement, that I saw the folly of supporting a pro-abortion Presidential ticket. I purposely refused to join a group which promoted women for public office when I found out that the group only supported pro-abortion candidates. In the years since, because of my pro-life convictions, I have been faithfully voting for the pro-life candidate for President. But I think that, deep in my heart, I had given up on the dream that a woman who shared my pro-life views would one day occupy a place in the Oval Office. With John McCain's choice of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin for Vice-President, I feel a new sense of optimism. I now believe that anything is possible-including a pro-life Madame President.
Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2008 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin
A Friend

Palin Sarah

I have seen people in the news talk about all kinds of things but what does her daughter have to do with her being a potential vice president? I think it is bad press coverage if all they can get on her is that her daughter is pregnant. I hope the press can go and sniff out any faults that Obamas children might have. Maybe his eldest daughter bullied some one.

4th Sep, 2008 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin

Tonight, I watched Gov. Palin's speech at the convention. She did a fantastic job - even the liberal media had a hard time dissing her.

Chris Matthews, one of the commentators, said he realized that she is not a replacement for Hillary Clinton; she can't be, because she's a completely different kind of woman. He said he never thought of Hillary even once during the speech, because what Gov. Palin is, is a torpedo aimed at the ship carrying Barack and Michelle Obama.

I thought that was an interesting perspective, and ... almost... right on the mark. Her words were certainly aiming for Obama, but her manner, her accomplishments, her family values, are all so opposite Hillary! They aren't even in the same league, and I mean that in a positive way toward Gov. Palin.

Bottom line: I like her. Yeah, yeah, I know she had a speechwriter, because they *all* do. But. I'm finally having some hope for the future of the U.S. presidency.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Sep, 2008 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin - Page 3

I was just reading an article from the Deseret News--here is some of what they had to say!

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Republican delegates Wednesday night wildly welcomed the first woman ever to be nominated for vice president in the history of their party.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was greeted with three minutes of a standing ovation, as well as multiple shouts of "We love you, Sarah!" Her speech was also interrupted many times by standing ovations.

Palin opened her speech by talking about McCain, and his service to the country. She only segued into talking about herself when she mentioned his support of the military and how much it meant to her as a mother of a soldier leaving for Iraq.

She also moved quickly through one of the most talked-about stories of the week, the pregnancy of her 17-year-old daughter, Bristol. The daughter was in attendance with her boyfriend, and she received roaring applause when introduced during the first few minutes.

Being a woman on the ticket is something that did not surprise her, Palin said, since her parents raised her to believe that anything was possible.

"This is America," she said. "Every woman can walk through every door of opportunity."

Her speech was more personal than many others during the night, although she did take a few shots at Democratic presidential nominee, Illinois Sen. Barack Obama. Specifically, she questioned his sincerity and his attempts to cast himself as a political outsider.

It was really only at the end of the speech when she attacked him, and she was almost more playful than vicious - a sense of humor that seemed to play well with the crowd - by poking fun at his fake presidential seal, the completed memoirs that number more than his authored laws, and, in multiple shots, his role as a "community organizer."

Actually, the media was the target of the most well-received attack, when she said she essentially does not care what they say.

"Here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators - I'm not going to Washington to seek their opinion. I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country," she said, to one of her loudest cheers of the night.
"

For the full article:
Source 8

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

6th Sep, 2008 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Sarah Palin Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Here is some of what the Trooper did, I think the ones marked in bold were the reasons for Palin to report him (according to what I heard on CNN):

* He has been married and divorced three times
* He was seen drinking on the job
* He killed a moose, which is illegal
* He used a taser on his step son
* He threatened to kill a family member

As far as Palin, many on the CNN interview said she is very strict in her views and if you do not agree you will find yourself in uncomfortable circumstances.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (26) »

> TOPIC: Sarah Palin

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,