Can Computers Identify Animals?

Can Computers Identify Animals - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 3rd Nov, 2019 - 9:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2018 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Can Computers Identify Animals?

Computers successfully trained to identify animals in photos. Researchers trained a deep neural network to classify wildlife species using 3.37 million camera-trap images of 27 species of animals obtained from five states across the United States. The model then was tested on nearly 375,000 animal images at a rate of about 2,000 images per minute on a laptop computer, achieving 97.6 percent accuracy -- likely the highest accuracy to date in using machine learning for wildlife image classification. Source 2v.

Sponsored Links:
17th Dec, 2018 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Animals Identify Computers Can

97.6% is not bad but most will see that as not acceptable unless its 99.9% because I'm sure the process doesn't come cheap.

7th Oct, 2019 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

Can Computers Identify Animals? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Machine Learning with Neural Networks is a huge breakthrough in computing in our age.
We are witnessing the new age of computer learning in which through self-teaching computer can slowly identify pictures/videos which they were unable in the past few years.
They can even identify also actions in videos; i.e: bat swing, swimming, dog paddling, etc.

3rd Nov, 2019 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Animals Identify Computers Can

Actually, the model may only be predicting a specific set of pictures of the same properties. If the model is fed with other pictures with different properties the result may be different. My opinion.

> TOPIC: Can Computers Identify Animals?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,