Garath the Emissary - Page 7 of 12

Wish I could change this about myself I wish - Page 7 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 28th Aug, 2020 - 11:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 12 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (12) »
Closed
ROK II RPG Character 1224 Medieval Text Adventure
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2020 - 10:18am / Post ID: #

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath the Emissary - Page 7

Adventure Entry

The second attempt was far more successful. I had learnt by my original failure I needed greater speed in my approach, greater elevation in my leap plus a much better timed landing. Bearing all these aspects in mind I took a longer run up, and used longer strides, I took off closer to the edge, and held my hands high for leverage.I sailed across the gap landing with a forward roll.

Sponsored Links:

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Emissary Garath

Adventure Entry

I knew I needed to run.Something was behind me. I could hear it's padding feet as it crept closer. I could smell it's breath, a foul fetid smell that polluted the air all around me. I could sense it's anticipation building, as it's slavered at the thought of me becoming it's latest food offering.
I knew it sought me, I sensed it, in the same way it sensed me, but I wasn't to be it's latest prey, I ran as fast as I could until I could no longer detect the stink of the thing or feel it's disgusting presence.

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath the Emissary Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Adventure Entry

I could see that the depression required me to jump. I didn't like the fact that it required me to do so from a standing position. I prefer a long run up, even if I plan to drop into a depression below me. However I reasoned the depression didn't look that deep even if I couldn't see exactly what lie in it's bottom.
I dropped down in and immediately prepared for an attack I suspect was imminent.

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Page 7 Emissary Garath

Finding a job

I think I need to find some gainful employment.,Finance is running low and the expenses of running my property and donating regularly to both the church and to the poor, is draining my resources. There are jobs offered everywhere in town but most are menial such as cleaning taverns, digging graves, and sweeping the soiled straw from the stables after the horses have completed their far too regular ablutions.
I can try approaching likely employers on the street, as they go about their business, and offer myself to them to provide services. I am a skilled jeweller but that is of little interest to the local populace. They are poor, and have little interest in objects of vanity.
I am therefore at the mercy of potential employers. They already exploit the poor by keeping them penniless and in some sort of laboured servitude.I fear that I too will have to be consigned to a similar fate,.until such time as I find a way to make enough money and then raise an army. At that point I will employ those who are exploited. I will hire them as soldiers on a decent wage, and rule this land with a fairness that I have not seen anywhere hereto for.

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Emissary Garath

Worship of Kair

Oh great god of goodness Kair teach me that I may be skilled in discerning what is correct, in order that I may understand the path to salvation.
Teach me to be able, honest, and straightforward, of good virtue, and free from pride;
Allow me be contented, glad of what I have achieved, and having few regrets,
Permit me to be humble, controlled of my senses, and slow to anger, even in the palace of parody where I am ridiculed.
Enable me to be prudent, for I am spending too much of my limited earnings at present
Do not allow me to do the slightest thing for which you Kair might need to rebuke me for.
Instead let me ask you this,
Please care for the poor of this town that they be well and safe.
May they prosper in the future, in contrast to how they suffer in the present.
May they be at ease, and safe from sickness and infirmity.
May they live happily with fulfilled lives and may I play a role in making this possible.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2020 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath the Emissary

It was confirmed upon meh, Garath the Emissary, that I am now an expert in Toughen.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2020 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath Emissary - Page 7

Message to Advisor

I am uncertain about today Ramsey. I am glad that we can talk about these matters. I want to unburden my thoughts to you as I have done previously, but with a degree of self doubt that I have not felt before. I seek to be the Ruler of Kings. I seek to glorify Kair the great god of good, and I seek to spread happiness to the populace of town through a new prosperity borne of my generosity.
Yet It is proving a hard road, a long road and a road that is full of obstructions.My confidence that good would always prevail is shaken. I see all around me in this land that good is not prevailing, but seemingly failing. The rich are exploiting the poor as they have always done.The poor seem either unable or unwilling to overcome their status quo. My challenge to rise above this oppression and to strike out in a new vibrant way is proving more difficult than I expected.
Is it that Kair is testing my resolve?. Bending me to see if I break, challenging my determination,and obstructing me, to test my faith and commitment.
I don't know. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but what I do know is, that after today's difficulties which I had previously underestimated, is that I will not break, I will not bend, I will not be deterred, deflected, obstructed or diverted. I will keep to the plan no matter how long it takes and how difficult it becomes. I will succeed in the end, be that tomorrow, next week, or next year. The mission goes on.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2020 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Garath the Emissary
A Friend

Garath Emissary Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 7

Wish I could change this about myself

I wish I could change the way in which I am quick to become frustrated. I am ambitious to become the Ruler of Kings but I am impatient at my progress.
I want the populace of this town to realise that I have something new and vibrant to offer them that will better their lives, but they seem so passive, so set in their ways, so unwilling to embrace change, that I feel progress is painfully slow.
I get immensely frustrated at this, yet I know that it is the way of things. Change only comes slowly, revolution isn't their way. I have got to win them over gradually through the work that I do.
My frustration that periodically arises during this process doesn't help, yet I find it hard to resist. I must try to restrain my urge to make progress faster. I must accept that it will take time and that only persistence will win in the end. Frustration is not the way forward. I will strive to remember that fact.

> TOPIC: Garath the Emissary

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,