Why Psychology Sucks - Page 3 of 3

Name: Meh Comments: The mind is dynamic, psychology - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th Oct, 2017 - 1:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2014 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Why Psychology Sucks - Page 3

Name: Mike

Title: Psychotherapy

Comments: I've been through my share of psychologists and psychiatrists. I've been dealing with depression that began in my childhood through the abuse I endured in catholic school. I've been on a plethora of meds that never did much for me other than make me feel lethargic and more depressed. There were some therapists who seemed genuinely helpful to my discomforts in life, other therapists were cocky, rude and completely disconnected from my feelings. I decided to breakaway from psychotherapy since it was very, very, costly and largely ineffective. By having people close to me (Some family and trusting friends) they've done more for helping me overcome my obstacles than any psychotherapist I ever dealt with. But that's just my say. There are millions of people who've had good experiences with their therapists. I say, good for them. But, there are millions of us who've had strikeouts with therapists. What works for some doesn't always work for others. All you can do is try.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2016 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sucks Psychology Why

Researchers overturn landmark study on the replicability of psychological science

An in-depth examination of a 2015 landmark study showing that more than half of all psychology studies cannot be replicated has revealed serious mistakes that make its pessimistic conclusion completely unwarranted. Ref. Source 2k.

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2017 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Why Psychology Sucks Health & Special Psychology

Name: Meh

Comments: The mind is dynamic, psychology is static. That's why we seem to think we can understand the mind based simply based off the prognosis of characterization, a sphere of influences and chronic stresses or behaviors. Most of those are less then one percent of population, so if we were to rule the rest as having chronic fatigue there is definitely something wrong with those statistics. That or we need to seriously reconsider our mental tool of analysis.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why Psychology Sucks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,