Madmarcus Introduction

Madmarcus Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 19th Apr, 2021 - 10:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2021 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

Member New

[?] CPosts: 0
Flag Posts: 2
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.0%
[+] Gain: 55.05 FP
Charm: none

Madmarcus Introduction

This is a little bit of a situation isn't it? You go for a little bit of a wander down memory lane one the internet and find yourself making a turn onto a rather different looking area.

As this is an Role-playing Game it is perhaps best to start there. I am an experienced player who has been on hiatus for many years. I was an AD&D/Gurps/Champions player long ago. Since then I have done a little actual face to face play although I have some experience with FATE and PBTA based play by email and more random experience with forum based Role-playing Games (Or related things like the forum based RotTK Role-playing Game that I was the wandering down memory lane mentioned above). Plus a ton of reading of systems and Role-playing Game theory.

I'm a simulationist at heart with some narrative thoughts. To some extent this has been part of the reason to get out of face to face play as I wasn't interested in the min/max ideas baked into Dungeons & Dragons 3.5+/Pathfinder. I love the crunch for it's own sake but I'm used to an older style (That has perhaps come around again) where a fun but mechanically unoptimized character was acceptable.

I'm a history and science (And history of science) nerd.

I am a lover of the Three Kingdoms, the Three Musketeers, and the Third Age of Arda.

I dabble in world building and Role-playing Game settings but purely for my own interest.

I am, unfortunately, somewhat prone to accumulating interests. Some of the forum and email based Role-playing Games I have been part of have fallen by the wayside because they either demanded too many quick turn around responses while others has collapses because they withered with no responses. I have been part of the problem on both ends at different times in my life. While I find the information onRuler of Kings IIinteresting I will be honest and say that I have some concerns over pacing and my schedule but am interested in delving deeper.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Egalitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 19th Apr, 2021 - 7:02am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2021 - 10:29am / Post ID: #

Introduction Madmarcus

Welcome adventurer. The current Role-playing Game in this Community is Ruler of Kings II which is a custom text based Role-playing Game and while similar to Dungeons & Dragons it is not Dungeons & Dragons. I dare say, for the purpose of solo online entertainment while still maintaining a detailed character and imaginative development you will find that ROK II is far more diverse and engaging as a text Role-playing Game. You may also read: Ruler of Kings II vs Dungeons & Dragons.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2021 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Member New

[?] CPosts: 0
Flag Posts: 2
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.0%
[+] Gain: 55.05 FP
Charm: none

Madmarcus Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Thank you for the friendly warning. It is very clear that RoK is not Dungeons & Dragons. On the other hand I figured that when starting something that calls itself a community based Role-playing Game I might as well mention my background in Role-playing Games even if they aren't strictly related.

To a large extent I am hoping that RoK is closer to some play by forum games I participated in previously. However between my perhaps faulty memory and the time between then and now I can find no references online to the games I remember and thus it seems silly to point to them by name (Or possibly misremembered name).

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Egalitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 19th Apr, 2021 - 7:02am
Signature:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2021 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

Introduction Madmarcus

Hi Madmarcus! Thanks for your in depth introduction. With all your accumulated role-playing experience it will be nice to see what kind of character you create. The reason Harker wanted to point out about Dungeons & Dragons is due to the fact that we actually did run many Dungeons & Dragons games here and sometimes people join thinking we still run those. You can see the archive: Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder Archive.

> TOPIC: Madmarcus Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,