Home Birth Vs. Hospital Birth

Home Birth Vs Hospital Birth - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 27th Sep, 2021 - 8:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2009 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Home births 'as safe as hospital'

A massive study of home births suggests that, in labours deemed low-risk, the risks to babies are no higher than if born in hospital with a midwife. Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
16th Apr, 2009 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Birth Hospital Vs Birth Home

Yes and it is much cheaper. If I knew there were proper professionals in the country I would not doubt in doing a home birth but again, you never know the emergencies you may end up having.

16th Apr, 2009 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Home Birth Vs. Hospital Birth Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

No one will ever convince me home birth is a good idea. Both my sister had complications one had two cesarean birth the other had a a baby that had the cord wrapped around the neck in the womb. I do not think that would have turned out well with a home birth. Seconds not minutes count in this stuff.

Thanks to the good doctors I have 5 healthy nephews. I know other couples who home birthed with a midwife and one of them lost their baby. If it would have been in the hospital they would have had a 50/50 chance on the survival.

Today you can have you midwife and family doctor at the hospital with you and then if things start looking bad the surgeons are right there. I think that is one of the best answers. I know midwifes do know some tricks many doctors refuse to acknowledge they work. Such as getting the baby to roll over in a bridge birth case or even end to end if the head is not lining up right. Pressure points I think are used.

My wife tried talking me into the home birth I took her to the local grave yard and showed he 50 graves of children that were buried with in days of the birth and asked do you really want to chance it? Lucky for me she listened as my oldest had to have shots right after birth because of blood transfered from mom to baby through a small scratch. They had opposite blood types and my oldest within 30 minutes started to go into shock. It was caught right a way proper shot given and all was good in the hour. If I had to have waited 15 more minutes how much slower would have that recovery have been if at all.

Just my two cents.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2009 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

While I can see some getting a midwife and having no problems I prefer a hospital. I like to know if there is any type of complication that my baby would be receiving good care.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2010 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

Home birth risks under scrutiny

Women who plan home births recover more rapidly from childbirth, but there is a higher risk of their baby dying, an international study suggests. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2019 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Home births as safe as hospital births: International study suggests. The study examined the safety of place of birth by reporting on the risk of death at the time of birth or within the first four weeks, and found no clinically important or statistically different risk between home and hospital groups. Source 2g.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Sep, 2021 - 8:29am / Post ID: #

If you know how to home birth and it does not endanger you then go for the home birth. But if you are not comfortable then go to the hospital. At least someone can help you either way.

> TOPIC: Home Birth Vs. Hospital Birth

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,