Black Friday

Black Friday - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Nov, 2005 - 12:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Black Friday
Really good business?
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2005 - 5:51am / Post ID: #

Black Friday

Black Friday

On this day most people within the USA consider it a time to both spend and make money as it opens up the Christmas shopping season. Do you traditionally make more money on Black Friday or is it just a myth?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2005 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Friday Black

I believe the so called, "Black Friday" is very real, and in fact it should be called, "Golden Friday" with all the money there is to be spent.

Note: This thread is for business aspects, for Christmas discussion go to the Christmas Board.

HOLIDAY SHOPPING RUSH IS UNDER WAY

The nation's retailers are ushering in the 2005 holiday shopping season with the usual come-ons -- deep discounts and expanded hours -- along with a slew of stores offering early bird specials for the first time.

We're live from some of the busiest spots across the country, as the holiday shopping season kicks off. We'll take a look at this year's hottest toys, and give you tips to make sure you don't break the bank.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/25/holiday.s...g.ap/index.html

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2005 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Black Friday
A Friend

Black Friday History & Civil Business Politics

I try to avoid getting out at all on Black Friday. Last year I had to make a Wal-Mart run from some necessities, and it was horrible. It took me about 45 minutes to get to a store that usually takes me about 15 minutes. The, I had to wait in line for about half an hour just to buy one item. It was insane.

My poor fiance. He works in a computer store right now, and he had to be at work at 3:30 this morning. Best Buy, which is a retail store in the US, opened at 4 a.m. this morning.

Stores do have some amazing sales, but I'd rather pay the extra money and save my time.

25th Nov, 2005 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Friday Black

The key is, what is it worth to you to save $100 on a TV? Is it worth sleeping on the sidewalk all night in front of the store, with a couple of hundred other people, who may not be as nice as you? Is it worth a stampede of folks, all rushing for that item, and then to be pushed out of your spot in line? We saw on the news this morning where Wal-Mart had laptop computers on sale for under $400 and some poor fool decided to try to jump the line. His fellow shoppers jumped on *him* and beat him up. I haven't been out shopping on Black Friday in over 10 years.

Major retailers certainly do make a killing this weekend. If they didn't make any money, they wouldn't do it. Deep discounts and good sales also buys "goodwill" -- that intangible asset which makes customers return at other times with their checkbooks.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2005 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Black Friday
A Friend

Friday Black

My fiance just called and said that Best Buy has already made $250,000, and that was of about two hours ago. They have sold every computer in the store. He said that when he got there at 3:30, they had a line of over 200 waiting.

25th Nov, 2005 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Black Friday

I just need one percent of that Best Buy sale to be set, but I have to wonder, what is the reason for this upsurge, is it that they clear old stuff for new or is it that people just like to get into the rush before Christmas? Either way, as FarSeer mentioned it is already madness.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Nov, 2005 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Black Friday

I went shopping today. My first Black Friday shopping ever. I didn't go at 6:00 a.m., when all the crazies go. I waited until about 10:30. By then, there were no crowds. Actually less crowded than it will be tomorrow I believe. Today's sales are really hard to beat. Most stuff was 40-50% off!

I just about completed my shopping. I didn't wait in line anywhere, not even at Walmart!

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2005 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Black Friday Politics Business Civil & History

'BLACK FRIDAY' TEPID; WAL-MART A WINNER

The official holiday shopping season appears to have gotten off to a lukewarm start, according to results announced Saturday by a national research group that monitors retail sales. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. was one bright spot in the crowd, reporting its sales exceeded expectations.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/26/holiday.s...g.ap/index.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Black Friday

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,