Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Closed
ROK II RPG Character 1479 Medieval Text Adventure
31st Jul, 2022 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Duin
(+)

Duer the Humble

My name is Duer. I am told it means Hero in an ancient tongue, but I know not why my Father chose it for me. Nevertheless, I will strive to make it an apt name.

As I write this, at the age of 16, I neither mighty nor powerful. To most people I must appear decidedly average: average human height, not particularly strong, not particularly memorable. But I have a desire to learn, I'm not afraid of physical work and I know, though I can not explain how I know it, I know that fate has plans for me. Perhaps one day I will be worthy of the name my Father gave me.

Sponsored Links:
31st Jul, 2022 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Duin
(+)

Humble Duer

A Sentimental Value: Metal

I couldn't carry much with me when I left my home in the forest, but I did bring my father's old shield. I don't intend to get into to many fights, not just yet at least, but I feel that a shield might prove useful. I also wanted some reminder of my father that I know so little about. I don't know whether this particular shield was important to him, probably it wasn't, but I do know it was his, and that is enough.

31st Jul, 2022 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Duin
(+)

Duer the Humble Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Advisor Description

Severin finally approached me today. For weeks I'd been noticing her about the town, casually strolling past, or eating in the tavern, alone, in the darkest corner. At first I thought it strange that in a town so large I should chance to see the same person again and again. Then I developed suspicions that I was being watched. Perhaps I should have been more fearful; her stern expression and haughty bearing certainly give her a threatening appearance, though somehow not a dangerous one.

She walked over to my table, as I ate in the tavern, and sat opposite me. I prepared myself to dash from the room if necessary.

"Good evening, Duer. I am Severin, I was a friend of your father." She spoke with a unfamiliar aristocratic accent. She quietly explained that she had promised my father that she would help me when I decided I had outgrown my village and ventured into the world. I asked a barrage of questions but she refused to answer them. "Not now, but perhaps later," she kept saying.

Time will tell whether I can trust her. I find it difficult to believe my father would have known such a person. If she is a confidence trickster, her fine clothes suggest she is a very successful one. I shall have to be cautious and see whether her advice proves to be to my advantage or not.

31st Jul, 2022 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Duin
(+)

Humble Duer

House of Sorrows

Jean Baptiste is a remarkable character. He believes he has some sort of divine control over the world around us, and I know not how he put gold in my pocket without my noticing if it was not by some powerful magic. Whether his power goes beyond that, as he implied, I can not say.

Yet, whatever power he has, is not limitless. He is unable to remove the curse that this Insolitam has laid on his children.

His children have curious names, seemingly implying contrasting things: anxiety and calmness. Are these simply two children with different temperaments, or is there something more behind this? Do they represent two sides of one thing?

> TOPIC: Duer the Humble

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,