Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 2 of 16

Pricesmart ain't the problem. It's - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 30th Apr, 2009 - 5:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (16) »
Pricesmart Trinidad
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2009 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 2

Name: Derrick

Comments: I have been a customer at Pricemart for a few years, but have noticed that they have increased their prices a fair bit recently. My main problem with them is that their staff lack courtesy, their air conditioning never works properly at certain stores and their so called 'security' is poor. On my last visit to the Movietown store, I had to yell at a man who appeared to be attempting to break in to a car! I called for help and security and yep, nobody came ! He ran off when I raised the alarm. Lastly, I like their hot dogs but for some time now they have not been providing customers with relish !

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2009 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Pricesmart

New things start out good in T&T and then start to get stale when Trinis become accustomed to it. There needs to be more competition to force a betterment of services, but most of all Trinis have to be smarter consumers.

23rd Apr, 2009 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I have been a customer at Pricemart for a few years, but have noticed that they have increased their prices a fair bit recently.

Only recently? As far as I know, they have increased their prices shortly after opening their very first branch.

My main problem with them is that their staff lack courtesy, their air conditioning never works properly at certain stores and their so called 'security' is poor. On my last visit to the Movietown store, I had to yell at a man who appeared to be attempting to break in to a car!

Tell me about it! This is one of the many reasons why my hubby and I stopped for a few years from going to Pricesmart. The staff are so rude! I have never noticed their air conditioning not working properly though. As for security, I think this was a big joke for all Trinis. I understand that people would go in and walk out with bottles of rum tucked away under their shirts. Ever since they were robbed, Pricesmart decided to bar people without Pricesmart cards. This is a desperate attempt to curb all the stealing which occurs on a regular basis. But I am not sure if this rigid system is working. I have always heard about poor security or security being non existent!

Lastly, I like their hot dogs but for some time now they have not been providing customers with relish !

That's called cutting back on cost!

Speaking of cutting back, has anyone noticed that Pricesmart no longer gives customers bags for their groceries? My hubby and I have not been to Pricesmart for so many years and got a rude awakening when we visited a branch in D'abadie. After carefully selecting a few items, we headed for the cashier and much to our amazement, the cashier instructed us to leave the groceries in the cart because they have no bags. Naturally, Geenie asked why:

Geenie: Miss do you have any bags?

Cashier: No madam, we stop giving out bags.

Geenie: May I ask why Miss?

Cashier responded very meekily: We going green!

In case you were all wondering what this meant, no Trinidad is not becoming more eco-friendly, just cutting back on cost. I know that companies have to take measures to cut back on cost but this is ridiculous! I think I will follow my friend's advice and carry HILO or Tru Valu shopping bags in my purse, whenever I am going to Pricesmart!

23rd Apr, 2009 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Trinidad Pricesmart

QUOTE (Geenie @ 23-Apr 09, 2:38 PM)
I think I will follow my friend's advice and carry HILO or Tru Valu shopping bags in my purse, whenever I am going to Pricesmart!

Are you serious? There are actually people willing to take bags with them in order to shop there? Ridiculous! Not me, sorry!

24th Apr, 2009 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Pricesmart

Truthfully speaking LDS, my friend told me that she carries her own bags and I agree with you, it is ridiculous. I forgot to mention that, after the cashier told us that they had no bags, I spotted a few empty boxes which the employees tossed aside. The amazing thing was, my hubby and I were the only ones sensible enough to use the boxes. No one else was interested in doing this. They apparently were contented having meat exposed and packed away in their SUVS. Hmmm, it is really strange that people are so tolerant. The only reason why we started shopping there is for the sole purpose of buying meat in bulk. HILO and Tru Valu are a little too expensive.

24th Apr, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad

QUOTE (Geenie @ 23-Apr 09, 8:58 PM)
Hmmm, it is really strange that people are so tolerant.

Tolerant or idiotic? Sorry, not trying to put Trinis down but that kind of behavior is stupid, nothing to do with tolerance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2009 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad - Page 2

Name: Angie

Comments: I became a member soon after the first shop opened in Chaguanas and didn't mind paying the membership fee because the items were mostly foreign and not available on the local market especially seasonal fruits-grapes, apples etc. However when the second year rolled around and their prices started increasing (so this is not just recently) my hubby asked me why are we paying to shop in a place where prices are comparable to other shops and you get ABSOLUTELY no discount. When I shop at other groceries where everything is now available I am awarded points or TTARP discounts. So a friend normally buys dry goods in bulk for me (bathroom tissues, toilet paper etc.) This makes a more sound financial decision I think.

30th Apr, 2009 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Pricesmart Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Pricesmart ain't the problem. It's all of the ones who continue to buy there anyway. You support them then you support their no bag policy.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Pricesmart Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,