Cultural Differences Between The Races In Trinidad

Cultural Differences Races Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Oct, 2008 - 5:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

5th Oct, 2008 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Cultural Differences Between The Races In Trinidad

What cultural differences exist between the races in Trinidad?

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2008 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Races The Differences Cultural

I like races here all seem happy together. Differece is what people make difference. If someone does not like a race then they look for difference. Sorry my English is bad.

10th Oct, 2008 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Cultural Differences Between The Races In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

As a Trini, I do not believe there are these 'races' that others may see as distinct.
As of mixed ancestry (mezclado) I may look Indo but I do have African and European ancestry also with an Anglo surname (more or less) and I only identify as Trini.
I love Diwali, Eid, Ramadan, my parang music (navidenas) love my roti, pelao (food).

If anything, I want to find out more about Carib and Arawak culture as the base culture, which is practically extinct except in recent years some sister tribe in Venezuala who visits T&T for ciltural exchage.

13th Oct, 2008 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

What happened the native people of Trinidad? I do not see these like in Venezuela.

16th Oct, 2008 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

There are a few but most are mestizo or mixed with Carib/Arawak, Indian (from India), European and African!
Do you know what is the main tribe of Warao? I do not know whether they are Carib or Arawak or a separate tribe. I am sure that remnants of language spoken by the surviving indigenas can be traced to either one!

> TOPIC: Cultural Differences Between The Races In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,