Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move

Pres Barack Obama' S Move - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Nov, 2008 - 2:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (91) »

Now that he is President of the United States of America what can we see coming from Pres. Barack Obama?
5th Nov, 2008 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

What will he say, how will he take the country, what will we see from him? This Thread now talks about Barack Obama as President and not merely running for President in the previous Thread about him: HERE.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
5th Nov, 2008 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

Move Obamas Barack Pres

Well, if his acceptance speech is any indication, that lady that thinks her mortgage is getting paid and gas will be free...might have to wait more than a year or 1 TERM to get it! There was a awful lot of time symbolism in this speech. Saying that it might take more than a year or TERM to get things done...I am assuming these are all the campaign promisses that cannot be fulfilled.

Source 8

Even the recollection of the 106 year old lady voting in Atlanta underscores that it takes a long time for change. Sure she saw a lot of change, but it took 106 years to see and he only has 4 years. Sounds like the backpedalling has begun!

Hope I am wrong!

Good Luck President Obama (I know it is President-Elect, but that sounds stupid)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

5th Nov, 2008 - 7:29am / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move History & Civil Business Politics

I did not vote for him, but I will give him a chance to lead our country and will support him until he gives me a significant reason not to.

My kids will be affected by his policies and that is why I hope that he doesn't start governing too far to the left, (or he will be a one term president in my opinion).

I just hope Biden's predictions of a international "test" do not come to fruition. I think it would be very interesting if, due to unforeseen circumstances, he had to take this country to War, and had to buck the Code Pink and Moveon.org wing of his party. Then you would see some very shocked constituents.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

5th Nov, 2008 - 8:49am / Post ID: #

Move Obamas Barack Pres

Congratulations to President and First Lady Obama!

I appreciated Obama's speech -- brief, to the point, and clearly making a statement of dignity and humility. Remember Clinton/Gore? Those guys were high-fiving each other; how silly for presidential men to behave.

Obama talked about protecting those who love peace, and standing up to those seeking to destroy. Them's fightin' words. We'll see how he backs all that up.

He calls for "service, sacrifice" and "calloused hands" working to get the country moving. Um, I don't think that's what some folks had in mind. It will be interesting to see how fast they turn on him when things don't turn out like they imagined.

I hope folks can at least give the man the benefit of the doubt as the transition moves forward in the next few months.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

5th Nov, 2008 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Move Obamas Barack Pres

Just imagine, Kenya declared it a national holiday to celebrate Obama's victory. Not even the US does that for her own. Japanese supporters have also been celebrating. They have their own Obama food, jerseys, hats, etc. Obama seems to reaching into the hearts and minds of people around the globe. I hope he does not disappoint.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Name: KyungJoon

Comments: Congratulations to Barack Obama on winning the election

We congratulate Barack Obama's win in the presidential elections with all our heart. This is a milestone in 232 years of American history as Obama is the first African-american to be elected president of the United States. African-americans have suffered from immense discrimination in the past but the election of Barack Obama has proven that discrimination exists no more in America. The advanced democracy of America will be a model example for every other democratic nation including Korea where discrimination such as regionalism and academical sectarianism never seem to cease in a small area of land. Continuous interaction under the firm US-Korea alliance with the US is crucial in order for advanced democracy to take root in Korea. America has played a pivotal role in Korea overcoming the recent financial crisis and Korea will be more than willing to return the favor if such a situation arises. We hope for an everlasting bilateral alliance between the nations and for the alliance to continue to be beneficial for both parties.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Pres. Barack Obama's Move

I hope he helps the US economy. I do know that he has control of the house and senate with the democrats getting control of both houses. This could mean some sweeping changes.

5th Nov, 2008 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama's Move Politics Business Civil & History

Yes, the economy seems to be the number one concern of US citizens at the moment. What is his stand on immigration?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (91) »

> TOPIC: Pres. Barack Obama's Next Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,