Tell The Police Or Stay Quiet?

Tell Police Stay Quiet - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 11th Nov, 2008 - 9:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
11th Nov, 2008 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

My big question. You witness a crime, what do you do if you know the criminals know you saw it? Do you do your civic duty and tell the police or stay quiet?

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2008 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Quiet Stay Police Tell

Stay quiet man. Next thing you know they looking to shoot you and your family. Police not protecting we so we protect ourselves.

11th Nov, 2008 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Tell The Police Or Stay Quiet? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I hate to say this but if you stay quiet you are empowering the criminals and they will just shoot you later because they want you shoes. So you might need to report and move. After all what good is it to live only to have your children prisoner by the same crime lords.

Never easy to chose one way or the other. All I know is when I die I have to answer for all my inaction as well as actions.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2008 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Quiet Stay Police Tell

I would tell the police. While they may not do anything about it at least you know in your mind that you did the right thing by not allowing these thugs to get by with it. If they come back for you are you really in any more danger than you are right now. IF you do not report them you empower them like Krakyn said. They will just do worse and worse things and as long as they are not stopped they will come for your stuff too.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2008 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Quiet Stay Police Tell

Name: Destiny

Comments: Tell the police and then what? I do believe it's my duty to report criminal activities but it's my life and my family lives what will be endangered. When a member of my family is murdered, all they will get is a headline on the news and a place in the murder rate!

11th Nov, 2008 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Were does it end if we just ignore and hide? I bet if they seen you they will kill you either way if they are scared you will go to the police. So by running now what do you really gain?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2008 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tell Police Stay Quiet

I say report it, but then again the police don't seem to be able to do much about it.

That is why it is important for citizens to be able to carry a firearm so that they can practise the God given right to protect themselves and others.

11th Nov, 2008 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Tell Police Stay Quiet Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

To those outside the realms of Trinidad & Tobago, you have to understand that this question has a lot more to it than simply should I tell or stay quiet. First of all, were I in the US I would be more confident of telling because there are resources in place to take care of my family and myself (witness protection, cops that act quickly, surveillance methods, etc). In Trinidad it is another story. Witnesses are actually targeted for death and when they cannot reach them they go for their family. Now answer honestly... you are in some kind of witness protection program, a primitive one at best, where you hear that they shot your wife, beat up your children and the police say they cannot do anything about it... what would you do?

To add to this, the system is such that cases drag on for years and the likelihood of the accused actually being put away is slim because the case ends up being thrown out for lack of evidence or poor reporting / case finding on the part of the police, etc. A lot of citizens also feel that sometimes you go to the police and you end up really passing the info to the criminals because of the number of bad cops in the force.

Lastly, I have written encounters within this Board about working to catch criminals with the police or how the police handled cases. A read of these will put you up on the weight of that question.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Tell The Police Or Stay Quiet?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,