Tithing What Does Your Church Do?

Tithing Church Do - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 30th Jan, 2011 - 12:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Nov, 2008 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Tithing What Does Your Church Do?

This topic is being covered int the Latter Day Saints section but I am opening this up to all denominations.

I currently belong to a church called the light house all tithing goes to aid others or support the facilities the minister works making concrete structures. Like he said it pays better and allows him to contribute even more into the church and the needs as they are shown to him.

I would like to see some replies from Africa, Jamaica and other smaller countries as I have some knowledge but they are based in one denomination. I will say that I know some do not pay the minister.

Pentecostal is well organized church. It is a correctly founded in its reason for existing but fails in like the rest of the big organized churches in paying its ministers.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 18th Nov, 2008 - 8:19pm

Sponsored Links:
18th Nov, 2008 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Do Church Your What Tithing

I'm not sure why you wanted to come here to get the answer. Am I missing something by having two topics about tithing in the Mormon church?

18th Nov, 2008 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Tithing What Does Your Church Do? Beliefs Religious General

The thread in the Mormon tithing is discussing the Mormon requirement thus we can only discus the Mormon church. I am open this to discus the rest.

I find it hard to believe no one receives absolutely nothing for their preaching.

I have a pentecostal back ground and every pentecostal church I was in pump the tithing hard and the ministers were bent on moving up the political ladder. I never met a sing person in a board that was not getting some sort of financial compensation.

I assume you have never been to a church that the Minister was not paid. I really is not very common in Canada and the States. I feel this is a great virtue in a church.

In this thread we can discus the tithing in all churches out side of the Mormon. It helps keep topics easier to follow.

29th Jan, 2011 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Jehovah's Witnesses do not practice tithing, each individual can donate or not in any amount he/she desires according to what that one has resolved in his heart to give. No baskets are passed at the Kingdom halls of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Tithing was not mentioned as one of the necessary things in the scriptures at
Acts 15:28-29
Tithing was part of the Mosaic Law that was done away with when Jesus fulfilled the law.

Reconcile Edited: David27072 on 29th Jan, 2011 - 5:21am

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2011 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Name: Natalie

Comments: Jehovah Witnesses sell their Bibles and Watchtower magazines to raise money though so even though you don't call it "tithing" isn't that the way you get your money?

> TOPIC: Tithing What Does Your Church Do?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,