US Economy

Us Economy - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Aug, 2009 - 6:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (35) »
U.S.A. US Business
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2009 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

US Economy

US Economy

Retail Sales Up .5 Percent in May -- Another Indication of a Possible Economic Turnaround [8:36 a.m. ET] Ref. ABC News

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2009 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

US Economy
A Friend

Economy US

Sales are up but I have a feeling that we are not turning around yet.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2009 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

US Economy History & Civil Business Politics

True or False: U.S. Economic Stats Lie
By Jack Hough

Surveyors collect the nation's data and statisticians compile and report it. Politicians naturally want the numbers to show improvement. Not being able to change the facts, they focus on the handling of facts, pressuring statisticians to change their measurements. It's not quite one grand conspiracy but decades of minor ones compiled. Today's reports are so perverted, the theory holds, that the numbers have detached from common experience. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2009 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Economy US

Better Economy!

Gross Domestic Product Contracted 1% in the Second Quarter, Beating Economists' Expectations [9:00 a.m. ET] Ref. ABC News

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2009 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

US Economy
A Friend

Economy US

I am still going to say that I believe we are not through this yet. I like to see this rise but I have a feeling that we are not out of the slump yet.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2009 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

US Economy

Obama sees US economy improving

Barack Obama says new figures on the US economy indicate progress is being made in tackling the country's problems. Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2009 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

US Economy
A Friend

US Economy

I heard some good debate on this this morning. I think that we may not be facing a depression now but I am still not certain that we are done with the recession.

1st Aug, 2009 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

US Economy Politics Business Civil & History

I am on record as being extremely opposed to the "stimulus" plans. I am firmly convinced that the stimulus was a very bad idea, and its implementation was even worse. Very little, if any, of the money was put into the foundations of our economy, farming, mining, and manufacturing. If those three areas are not strong, the economy will never be strong.

Yes, we have lots of "economists" saying that things are looking up. However, those are only opinions. When I start to see the unemployment figures start to slide, then I will believe things are getting better.

One of my favorite sayings is, "If you think the government's problems are bad, wait until you see their solutions." The more government gets involved in trying to improve the economy, the less likely it is to really improve. At least in my opinion.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (35) »

> TOPIC: US Economy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,