Saudi Arabia vs USA - Page 3 of 6

My last post was directed to Hunter and his - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th May, 2017 - 4:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Is Saudi Arabia a friend to the USA?
  Yes       50.00%
  No       50.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
U.S.A. versus Saudi Arabia Friends or Foes?
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Saudi Arabia vs USA - Page 3

US wants 'strong' Saudi Arabia: Mad Dog Mattis:

The United States wants to see a strong Saudi Arabia, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said during talks Wednesday aimed at reinvigorating the Riyadh-Washington alliance. Ref. Source 7z.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Saudi Arabia vs USA
A Friend

USA Arabia Saudi

Yes, but only toa point. We don't want them so strong they could destabilize the region. We also want them weak enough that they still have to rely on us to some degree. That's just power politics.

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Saudi Arabia vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

Trump and Saudi Prince are the most dangerous men in the world : News analysis. Trump has already ordered greater US support for the Saudi war effort in Yemen, but the deputy crown prince will be primarily bidding for US backing for his confrontation with Iran Ref. Source 6s.

17th May, 2017 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 USA Arabia Saudi

I don't know why we are so friendly with Saudi Arabia when they have so many violations against women and its not by chance some of the biggest terrorists came from there.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Saudi Arabia vs USA
A Friend

USA Arabia Saudi

No, it will erode Saudi confidence in their ability to dictate policy to the US. It's not a bad thing for us to keep other countries on their toes… even friendly countries. Ya just don't do it as often with friendly countries.

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Saudi Arabia vs USA
A Friend

Saudi Arabia vs USA

We're friendly with Saudi Arabia because it is profitable to be. We support the Saudi princes in preventing their people from establishing a democratic and more progressive society because it is profitable to do so.

I don't know if you've noticed, but our foreign policy these days has jack all to do with ethics.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Saudi Arabia vs USA
A Friend

Saudi Arabia USA - Page 3

Daishain,

I never said anything about ethics. And if by these days you mean for about the, uh, last 241 years, then I have noticed. In truth though, we do some things that other countries wouldn't because it's the right thing to do. Somalia had zero strategic importance to us, yet we put Americans in harm's way to help feed the starving. And look what happened. The dissolution is the same… we didn't need to do anything there.

You are quite correct regarding Saudi Arabia, but I would bet you there are a lot of women in that country, and some of the men, that silently thank God we prop the Kingdom up. The people that would replace the king are probably not as enlightened… if that is a word one can use about Saudi Arabia. But, the people who would probably win would take Saudi Arabia back to the Dark Ages and make women subservient slaves with absolutely no rights. I've seen too much of that in my life. Sometimes, when faced with multiple bad options, the best option is the one that does the least harm.

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Saudi Arabia vs USA
A Friend

Saudi Arabia USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

My last post was directed to Hunter and his query on why we're friendly with the Saudis, not you Abn.

In any case, there are groups that would indeed take the region into a dark place. But there are others that would do the exact opposite. Which is more likely to take power depends both on when you ask and what we do.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Saudi Arabia vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,