Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Jul, 2011 - 3:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
General review Thread
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2009 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Mormon Tabernacle Choir

The tour's concert program has offered something to appeal to just about everyone and has featured some surprise guest conductors at various venues, but nothing topped the surprise that awaited the choir and Orchestra at Temple Square at the Red Rocks performance: President Thomas S. Monson made an unannounced appearance in the audience, and Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter guest-conducted the choir and orchestra in an encore number, "This Land is Your Land." Wyoming Gov. Dave Freudenthal also attended the concert. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Choir Tabernacle Mormon

Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates 100 years of records

With historic photos of the choir being projected on the tabernacle's domed ceiling, a segment of a 1910 recording of "Let the Mountains Shout for Joy" - the earliest existing choir recording - was played. Then, on cue from musical director Mack Wilberg, today's choir picked up and finished the anthem in a live rendition. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2010 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Studies Doctrine Mormon

Pioneer spirit: Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Days of '47 and its own long history

One hundred years ago, under the auspices of the Columbia Phonograph Co., the choir was the first large musical organization in this country to make a recording. Nothing has slowed it down in the century since, as it has recorded in every medium, every new technology as it came along. In all, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir has 175 recordings and releases to its credit. Ref. Source 1?

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2010 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Choir Tabernacle Mormon

Mormon Tabernacle Choir program voted into National Radio Hall of Fame

Gregg Garber, vice president and general manager of Bonneville Distribution, which distributes the weekly half-hour show, said, "The same popularity that has made 'Music and the Spoken Word' a radio mainstay for more than 80 years has produced this vote. ... We couldn't be happier." Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2010 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Choir Tabernacle Mormon

Mormon Tabernacle Choir's 1962 performance was pivotal

SALT LAKE CITY - At 3:30 in the morning on July 23, 1962, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir gathered at the airport here for a flight to a military base in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Preparations for a now nearly forgotten salvo of the Cold War, called Operation Telstar, were under way. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2010 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Tabernacle Choir

New David McCullough book based on Mormon Tabernacle Christmas performance

McCullough's talk has just come out in book form, the 56-page "In the Dark Streets Shineth," released by the Salt Lake-based Shadow Mountain Publishing. "Dark Streets" includes a DVD of McCullough's reading with the choir, photographs from the 1941 White House gathering and pictures of World War II soldiers. Ref. Source 9

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2011 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Carmen Rasmusen Herbert loves the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

With such a huge repertoire of songs to choose from, there is always one that seems to be just perfect for my mood at that particular moment. I love the well-trained voices, the incredible arrangements, the instruments, the feeling and spirit of the music. I always somehow feel better about life after I've listened to the choir. Ref. Source 3

Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Mormon Tabernacle Choir (Hover)

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2011 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Mormon Doctrine Studies

"The spirit of this place is so evident. It is all enveloping. It's all around me. I feel buoyed up by it. This has been one of the things I felt very strongly about being here. I didn't realize that I was going to be hit by this extraordinary spirit. I haven't experienced this before. It's quite unique, people doing something for the love of it."
-- Angela Lansbury on singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Mormon Tabernacle Choir

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,