Local Government Elections

Local Government Elections - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 18th Jun, 2010 - 11:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Trinidad Tobago.gif In Trinidad & Tobago
9th Jul, 2009 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

I was really amazed to see the Local Government Elections once again delayed because of two yes votes from the Independent bench. Come on, I can't believe the PNM gets their way yet again. We are all doomed.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jul, 2009 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Elections Government Local

Are you surprised? I am not. It is depressing. Every time I see how they behave in parliament I only see they are there for the MONEY and not for the people. Can't wait to get out of this place!

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2009 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Local Government Elections Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I HAVE NO REGRETS

Independent Senator defends decision to vote with Govt to postpone election
Independent Senator Gail Merhair has no regrets over her vote in the Senate on Wednesday night in support of the bill that has led to the postponement of the Local Government elections for the fourth year in a row. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2009 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Gail, is that (Independent) you?

I am bitterly disappointed and feel sorely violated by not-so-Independent Senator Gail Merhair. Ms Merhair was selected as an independent senator having regard for her clarity of thought, unimpeded speech, fearless expression of her thoughts and by extension reflecting the pulse of the people on such matters as crime, infrastructure, poverty and development. She was seen as advocate of better governance and what was in the interest of the people who expected more from the Government. Ref. Source 1

A joker in the Senate

What started off as a gale-force wind in the Senate quickly developed into a deadly hurricane, as Independent Senator Merhair shredded logic and common sense with a ferocity yet unknown to sane-thinking people. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2009 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

No surprise from Merhair

I really don't know what all the fuss is about how Gail Merhair voted. Anybody who listened to her defending the President during the Integrity Commission fiasco would have expected her to vote a certain way. So I was not surprised. The only things that really baffled me were the reasons she gave, and the way she appeared to chastise the Government, which at the end of the day was all in vain. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2009 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Governments can only get away with the things that the people of the country allow them to, it amazes me that the public has not stood up and said enough is enough, but; it seems that the masses are content to let the status quo remain, and the rest of the country is complacent enough to continue on in the same direction (I am also to blame, I too sit and complain but do little). The power of the people has been shown before (take for example Poland) but unless we are willing to take a stand and start writing letters, supporting other parties, getting out there and fighting for our democratic rights, we will carry on the way we're going, and once again "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man really will be king". It's time to support your country, not run for the hills, but let your voice be heard, or; before we know it we will become another Zimbabwe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2009 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Mere coincidence in PM's 'error', Chaguanas coup?

A clause in the Municipal Authority Bill recently enacted to extend the life of Local Government authorities provided unusually for the change of aldermen, which the prime minister explained was included "in error". Ref. Source 3

18th Jun, 2010 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Local Government Elections Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Local Government Elections will be held on the 26th July, 2010. This was announced by the PM in the first session of Parliament. I bet the UNC / COP will also take most of those too.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Local Government Elections

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,