How do you handle rejection?

How Handle Rejection - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th Nov, 2003 - 5:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
15th Jul, 2003 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

I was playing the RPG game and Sugarplum character is really mean and she doesn't accept rejection and that arises the question:

Based on someone you like or you love:

How do you handle when the feelings aren't returned?.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2003 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

rejection handle you How

Hmmm, it depends.  If I just like the guy, and he doesn't like me in the way I like him.  I would feel hurt, but then I would shrug it off like it was no big deal.  I would also tell myself, that everything is cool.  There are plenty of fish out there waiting to be caught.  ;)

But if I love someone and they don't love me back, I would definitely feel hurt.  I would hurt way down deep inside.  On the outside, I would act like it's ok that he didn't love me, but inside I would literally feel like crawling under a rock and dying.  But if the guy is really cool and still wants to hang out, I would still hang out.  No need in forcing someone to feel something for me when they don't.

10th Nov, 2003 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

How do you handle rejection? Health & Special Psychology

I really can't handle rejection.  It is so bad that if I think there is even the most remote possibility you will tell me no, then I won't even ask!  This doesn't apply to just dating, either.  I can't handle rejection at all in any form.  Probably something to do with my childhood experiences, and based upon them, I am not surprised, but it can be a hard thing to live with. smile.gif

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2003 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

rejection handle you How

Wow.  If your difficulty of handling rejection is because of bad experience when you were younger, it is very hard to catch yourself before you get "down."  I agree with what Ms. Shady said, there's plenty of fish in the sea.  When it comes to love, I believe rejection is good, because we want to find the one that we can stay for the rest of our life with, those who reject us really do us a huge favor by saving our time.  Rejection from family, it's hard, but nobody is perfect, maybe it's not because we are not good enough, it maybe the other family members' problem for not being able to accept us.  For friends, hey, birds of a feather flock together, maybe you just need to find people more like you.

As long as you've tried your best in the relationship, you're not responsible for people's rejection.  It's their freedom of choice, and your freedom of choice grant you the opportunity to find more friends.   No worries. wink.gif

12th Nov, 2003 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

rejection handle you How

I think generally speaking we may say rejection is good and all that but in real life, nobody can handle rejection that easily wink.gif. When we are really young is even worst because our feelings and all of us is extra-sensitive.
Everyone wants and needs to feel accepted and I hope for those who still single that you may be considerate of the feelings of the other person when you decide to break the relationship.

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2003 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

That is so true, LDS.  Rejection is really hard to handle.  And sometimes our fear may make it more intolerable, because we blow up the proportion of its impact when we were expecting it and/or after the fact and make things worse for ourselves.

One thing about being young and is "extra-sensitive", I always think this is very interesting phenomenon.  I remember when I was very young, things like these are like the end of my world.  Because when I was young, there was not a lot of things to break my heart about and I thought my life should be perfect to a point that I should remain happy 90% of the time, until I grow older to find out, life is not perfect, and it's okay, because hope is still there.

I saw an article on the Internet talking about the "Art of Letting Go".  The author said, when we hold unto an object, we limit our freedom to choose another object and to explore.  The truth is, we hold unto pain happened 5 minutes ago, until now, when the pain is no longer there.   We only make it more painful and suffer longer.  I really agree with it.  It helps me stop and examine what I'm still hold unto to "punish" myself.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2003 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

How you handle rejection

One thing about being young and is "extra-sensitive", I always think this is very interesting phenomenon.  I remember when I was very young, things like these are like the end of my world.  Because when I was young, there was not a lot of things to break my heart about and I thought my life should be perfect to a point that I should remain happy 90% of the time, until I grow older to find out, life is not perfect, and it's okay, because hope is still there.

That's so true, that's why I rather being an adult and not a teenager anymore wink.gif. We don't realize sometimes that the years pass by so fast and we learn so many things during the process. smile.gif

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2003 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How you handle rejection Psychology Special & Health

i just try to get over it as quick as i can....or basically, I just call up my best friend, and cry or I lock myself up in my room and cry until I'm done, It usually takes me a couple of weeks to get over my depression of rejection...

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: How do you handle rejection?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,