Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 5 of 35

I have spent about 15 minutes reading everyones - Page 5 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Jul, 2004 - 2:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (35) »

?
Poll: Are People Born Gay Or Choice?
  Born Gay       29.85%
  Their Choice       40.30%
  A bit of both       29.85%
Total Votes: 67
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Are People Born Gay Gay By Choice Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics?
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Related Information to Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2003 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?
A Friend

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? - Page 5

I think that people choose to be gay. There is no way you can be born gay. that is a freedom of choice. And it has nothin' to do with god. He gave you a freedom of choice, he gives you many roads to go down and he knows what the out come of them are. Why would even want to be gay? What vibe can you get from attracting the opposite sex? But that is up to the person whether or not they want to be Gay or not

Sponsored Links:
24th Dec, 2003 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I know some you have said you didn't like "Pride Day" because it's sort of the in-your-face "I'M GAY" and they shouldn't be proud of it

No, I didn't mean that. What I meant is what is there to be proud about? which is different. I'm heterosexual and as far as I know there is no an 'Heterosexual Pride Day' wink.gif

I do agree some of what they do is rather explicit and may have gone over the line, but if your thinking "keep being gay to yourself", you have to remember that we are being barraged every minute of the day with "straight propaganda". Television, magazines, books, couples in public...you get the picture.

No, again, I do not believe in 'keep being gay to yourself' I think that's ignorant, what I am against is when they try to go over the line like you mention and make it sounds like is the 'normal thing' when we know that is not. Men are attractive to women and women to men. That's common knowledge, now, I do personally had many, many close gay friends in my life and none of them had to go half naked in a street to show me how proud they were of being homosexual. You see? Pride day have a strong conection in my point of view with promiscuity, if you did observe that everything is related to some kind of sexual content.

2nd Jan, 2004 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I cannot believe that people are naturally gay as a result of their genetic code. One very big reason being that, if their genetic code in their male lineage was influencing the men to be gay, over many, many generations the 'gay gene' would cause itself to be removed from the gane pool.

Although, I might allow one is born gay, I don't believe it can be a result of genetic code. There are cases of identical twins where one is gay and one is not. Identical twins have identical genetic code. Now, you might say one can be born gay only if their genetic code is the cause, but I don't believe this is true. To explain it would require religious discussion so I won't, but suffice to say that I believe we can struggle with sexual feelings toward another of the same sex for our entire lives and not necessarily have it be result of genetic code or bad parenting.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

Being gay is a choice. I don't believe that homosexuals are evil, an aberration, or anything like that. We all have the same flesh and blood, some people are just different. If someone is doing something they personally enjoy, then I say more power to them. I was taught to respect people, regardless of religion, race, or sexual preference. A little tolerance goes a long way.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2004 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Choice Gay Gay Born People Are

I dont know if anyone has posted about the same feelings as mine, but the way I see it is why would anyone want to choose to be Gay? Most of them (including my uncle, aunt, ex friends sister, and best guy friend) get terrorized, looked down on, criticized, mocked, hated, tortured, and even killed sometimes because of how they are. I think that many are born with the traits, to me it's not like one day they just seen a chick or dude and thought they were cute out of nowhere and then decide, because then you still woulda had it in you if you thought it, and continued to think that stuff. Unlike those of who us arent and maybe have said it once, and never thought it again says we just dont see like they do. But I just dont understand why someone would want to choose to have a life of everyone always thinking that they are bad for what their born with! We arent suppossed to judge handicapped people who are born with diasabilities, yet others will judge those who are born gay. I dont think it's something that you choose or I think alot of us would be more carefree towards it all. This is just my opinion. I dont judge others for anything, and to celebrate at the festivals I would do to cheer on my family and to show how I think they are doing what is them, not neccessarily to be the same. But to show how they feel and how they wish to be equal as everyone is. And how happy they are even through struggles.

Reconcile Edited: MelanieSue on 6th Jul, 2004 - 2:42pm

6th Jul, 2004 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

I would have to disagree with you Melanie. Your impressions that being gay is genetic and is not a choice because choosing to do so would be harmful or bring negative attention to the individual has no basis. Can you also say that a violent person is born with a 'violent gene' and has not chosen to be violent? Was that person as a baby violent from day 1? When we say choice, we are not saying that the choice was even coherently made. Choices are made all the time that are unbeknownst to the individual, but it is still a choice. People choose to go to church, watch TV, wake up in the morning. Others choose to play basketball, paint a picture, or work on a car. Is there a basketball gene? Can we attest all these choices as genetic? Being gay is not something that can be inherited like eye color, or hair color. It is a choice that is indirectly related to the environment, mental framework of the individual, brain development/usage and probably a host of other factors. I wont claim to be an expert on this, but the real experts in the field have not been able to find a genetic correlation for being gay. Based on this, and my firm religious belief, which I wont go into here, I can't see homosexuality ever being something other than a choice.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2004 - 9:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice - Page 5

Okay. If we were to go into the genetics theory... I won't deny that there is a possibility that there is such a thing as a "gay" gene. But malexander has a point. Ultimately, it's up to you. There are people who are prone to depression because of their genetics - but there's also quite a high chance that they'll never get clinical depression in their whole entire lives. There are people who may have a "gay" gene, but ultimately, it's really up to them, right? It's just that they may be more "prone" to be homosexual.

Or else, how do you explain the fact that there are many identical twins out there who have different sexual orientations?

29th Jul, 2004 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Are People Born Gay Gay Choice Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 5

I have spent about 15 minutes reading everyones posts about this topic. I want to ask something, If the question had been "Are people born heterosexual, or is it a choice?", would we be having this debate? I don't think you can choose to be gay anymore than you can choose to be straight. It isn't a lifestyle, it's just their life. I won't get into the religious aspects of it, all that shows is that there have been homosexuals since the time the Bible was written. In my opinion it's a form of birth defect and thus the person should not be blamed. I have known gay people and some are nice and some are jerks, just like anyone else. I guess what I wonder is if it doesn't affect you personally why worry so much about it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (35) »

> TOPIC: Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,