Some People Don't Understand Time Is Money

- Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 16th Sep, 2009 - 7:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th Sep, 2009 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

I am continually amazed by people who contact you for a specific job online and then try to interpret the job AFTER an agreement. For instance, they write saying they want something done, we will use a car as an object example for this purpose. Continuing, they may ask if I can paint the car red? I will write back saying yes we will paint it red. Then they may ask how much it costs. Let's say it costs $10 and I tell them so. OK, so you begin the job and paint the car red, a red they chose. Then when you are finished they say how good it looks but then also say something like can you put gloss on that? Can you add a new front suspension? Can you add tint to the windows. Then you explain well yes I can do all that but NOT for $10. Come on, you know all you asked for was your car painted red, don't try to slip in more. I have experienced a lot of attempts to do this over the years and so I ask many specific questions and get them to confirm it BEFORE I start any job. I had one client bold enough to tell me I did not understand her wishes even though I specifically spelled out what we knew she wanted and she agreed or confirmed it. She says I did not understand because she tried to add additional work AFTER the agreed terms of the job.

Sponsored Links:
12th Sep, 2009 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Money Time Understand Dont People Some

JB, I so agree with you, but I can relate to this from a different angle. Today, at a certain bank, a customer had waited for three hours to get service. This person is self employed, and time spent away from work is money lost. When he reaches to the Customer Service Representative, she says in a nonchalant manner that the transaction cannot be done. He subsequently approached another department of the SAME bank to get the SAME job done, which was done in less than fifteen minutes. While I agree that most transactions can be done over the phone and internet, some transactions such as collecting a credit card, bank card or closing an account or opening a new account warrants going to the bank physically at some point. I dont understand in this day and age, why people cannot take their jobs seriously, especially if their job is service oriented and their livelihood and survival depends on it. People need to understand that time is money for some people especially business owners

16th Sep, 2009 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Some People Don't Understand Time Is Money Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I had someone try something similar again today.

This one person claims they are a site designer for a movie star. The site they have looks very made up, not something I would want representing myself if I were a movie star. Anyway, they wanted to hire us to do some work for them. They ask for many quotes which we give them. After many Emails backwards and forwards its time to pay. They get the payment details and everything and then suddenly pops this one on me - they ask if I will work for free on the current project and future projects in return for a link on the movie star's site. This is what I replied:

Sorry, but we are not a fly by night business. We have terms and do all work based on a cash for work basis. Most of our clients are actually happy to have our name on their site because it shows they chose quality designers. Maybe you can find other designers in the thread you placed if you cannot afford our services. Thanks.

They did not like my response, claimed it was just a suggestion and 'ran away' because it's all my fault. Just the notion that they would write and think that I would want a 'link' on a half rate site in return for free current and future work is a laugh. When people start offering things like this then they do not want to pay! It is a red flag! Time is money, if you cannot afford our services then do not engage my time in loads of Emails only to try and pass off a suggestion of me giving free work - what, I have nothing to do? Not only that, but for such small money, it was not some big project where I need to kiss butt for, come on people respect the time of others.

> TOPIC: Some People Don't Understand Time Is Money

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,