A 1,545-pound rodent?

A 1 545-pound Rodent - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 21st Dec, 2003 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2003 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

A 1,545-pound rodent?
A Friend

A 1,545-pound rodent?

Ancient rodent the size of a buffalo

It would be an exterminator's worst nightmare: A 1,545-pound rodent with a voracious appetite and big teeth. Resembling a guinea pig grown to the size of a buffalo, the animal lived millions of years ago in a South American swamp and is thought to be history's biggest rodent, researchers say this week in the journal Science.

https://www.msnbc.com/news/968565.asp

Whoa, I've been unlucky enough to deal with a few small mice, and even dealt with a few gopher rats (they can be as big as cats) before, but I think that if this thing was still around, he could have my whole house.

Reconcile Edited: konquererz on 14th May, 2006 - 1:14am

Sponsored Links:
20th Sep, 2003 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

rodent -pound A

Oh my goshhh!!!!!!!!! it was huge!!!! I have two guinea pigs and I cannot imagine them that size...it would be a really nightmare!

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2003 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

A 1,545-pound rodent?
A Friend

A 1,545-pound rodent? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Yea, LDS it would be a nightmare.  I would definitely let something that size have my house and everything in it.

20th Sep, 2003 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

rodent -pound A

I would definitely let something that size have my house

:spock: Haven't you people heard of the giant rat trap?

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2003 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

A 1,545-pound rodent?
A Friend

rodent -pound A

spock.gif Haven't you people heard of the giant rat trap?

They have a rat trap big enough to catch something of that size? Thank goodness those creatures don't live now. They would probably have their own colony.

Reconcile Edited: konquererz on 14th May, 2006 - 1:16am

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2003 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

A 1,545-pound rodent?
A Friend

A 1,545-pound rodent?

Heh, that would be pretty cool...It would make good target practice if it didn't bite. I think I will stick to gophers for now. Just imagine that in your backyard eating your vegetables and kids....that would be scary.

Reconcile Edited: konquererz on 14th May, 2006 - 1:16am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

A 1,545-pound rodent?
A Friend

A 1 545-pound rodent

I once heard a story of a giant blob found in chili.  I giant fleshy blob.  It was probably just the skin of some animal though, still the picture looked pretty gross.  

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2003 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

A 1,545-pound rodent?
A Friend

A 1 545-pound rodent Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Right now the biggest rodent in the world is the Capybara, which lives in the jungles of South America. One hundred pound specimens are not unusual, and there's no reason to believe that a 200 pound capybara doesn't live in the jungle somewhere, since most of it is unexplored. The only predators that pose any real threat are crocodiles and jaguars, and jaguars aren't very common anymore.

Anyway, saying there was a 1,545 pound rodent is rather imprecise. It would be more believable had they said a 1,500 pound rodent. How they extrapolated the extra 45 pounds from existing data demonstrates a lack of understanding of mathematics.

> TOPIC: A 1,545-pound rodent?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,