Bowling a Sport? - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE For any whom might not believe bowling - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th May, 2006 - 3:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Can this sport be ranked with others?
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Bowling a Sport?
A Friend

Bowling a Sport? - Page 2

For me its a recreational activity, but I have friends that are realy good and it could easily be a sport for them. So yeah, Ide consider bowling a sport.

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2005 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

Sport Bowling

I suppose this depends on how you define a sport. For me, sports are activities that demonstrate and require great overall athletic ability and stamina. I would consider soccer, tennis, football, baseball, basketball, and rugby to be good examples of sports. For me, activities that are more focused on specialized skills than overall athleticism seem more accurately described as games than as sports. Examples include golf, bowling, lawn bowling, archery, etc. This probably makes me unpopular with those who love those particular activities. I mean no offense - I enjoy lawn bowling and tetrapin bowling, and if I were coordinated and patient, golf might be fun, too. I do not consider opera singing a sport, but it is an athletic activity, and it requires much physical stamina. Therefore, if you will define opera as a sport, I will concede that bowling falls into a similar category.

5th Jan, 2005 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Bowling a Sport? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

This is a great question and I have given an unusual answer to it many times. If there is ample opportunity for you to drink a beer while doing this activity, then you might be playing a game...but not a professional sport. Bowling has the infamous 7th frame (the beer frame) for those that are league bowlers. While this a not meant to be a knock on the activity, I just have trouble calling bowlers athletes.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

8th May, 2005 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Sport Bowling

Yesterday I was watching one of the sports channels and saw a PBA event where professional bowlers were attempting trick shots. For example, one guy threw three bowling balls down the lane; two ended up in the opposite gutters while the third ended up in a strike. I had to laugh a little bit because the first thing I thought was "Is this what the PBA has stooped too to get people to watch their events?" I like bowling as much as the other guy, but trick bowling? Give me a break! What's next; trick shot golfing?

21st May, 2005 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Sport Bowling

I like bowling, I don't have the opportunity to play it very often, I'm not very good at it, but I think you can call it "sport". I say that considering that curling is an olympic sport ... with the same "effort" you can say bowling is a sport.

15th May, 2006 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Bowling a Sport?

I will have to agree with most I guess as I also believe that Bowling is a sport. While many use bowling as recreation it takes genuine skill, determination, practice, and stamina to compete at the higher levels. I have been out of bowling for over two years but prior to that I spent a large majority of my time bowling while not working. Leagues, Tournaments and anything else you can imagine kept my time occupied and allowed me to compete at a much higher level than most. I regret that I stopped bowling for the past few years and one day soon wish to get back into it once again.

*For any whom might not believe bowling to be a sport I guess have a thought for you to think about. There are may magazines available in the US dedicated for bowling as well as televised events to watch nearly all of the time. Not to mention the amount of money the sponsors spend for advertisement at these events.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th May, 2006 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Bowling Sport - Page 2

For any whom might not believe bowling to be a sport I guess have a thought for you to think about. There are may magazines available in the US dedicated for bowling as well as televised events to watch nearly all of the time.

Sorry bwren, that is not a very good argument for classifying bowling as a sport. That just classifies it as a popular hobby. You know what else has many magazines and televised events dedicated to it; Texas Hold Em' Poker. I am a fan of that and I won't even classify it as a sport.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Bowling a Sport?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,