Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy? - Page 4 of 8

QUOTE What I don't understand is why she waited - Page 4 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 14th Nov, 2003 - 6:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Top  Kobe Bryant,Bad Boy [News] Felony sexual assault against Kobe
Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy? Related Information to Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?
14th Nov, 2003 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy? - Page 4

The girl willingly went to his room.  She willingly engaged in some sexual activity.  To what extent I don't know, but at least to kissing.  
She claims at some point she said she didn't want to continue the activities and he ignored her and continued.

Yes, she did...she did kiss him and who knows what else but even if 5 minutes before the sexual act occured willingly she regreted and didn't want to and ask him to stop, that's rape.

The underclothing she wore to the hospital had DNA from another sexual encounter with someone else, so that does lead to questions of her character.  If she recently had a sexual encounter with someone, then unless she makes a habit of sleeping around, it would seem she was "involved" with someone, so then why would she go to Kobe's hotel room with him in the first place?

I don't see the relevance of her sexual life. She could be a wild girl, sleeping around and it doesn't mean she could not be a victim of sexual assault.
Even prostitutes for instance can get raped but it seems that people in general will judge the sexual lives of them and some they just cannot understand how a prostitute can be victim of sexual assault. And it happens...so whether this girl is a 'wild' girl or not, it doesn't make any difference regards to this case.

Apparently girls hanging out with NBA stars is a huge "problem."  Bigger than in other pro sports.  There are tons of them at each hotel lobby waiting for the players.  This according to a recent show I watched discussing this issue with a former player.

Yes, it happens in all areas, sports, music, etc. But lets remember that the girls do not put a gun over these men's head and force them to have sex. Responsibility must be taken by both parts.

I realize that all women have the right to say "no," but I also recognize that you do reach a point in the "activities" where it may not really be reasonable to expect to be able to say "no" any longer and be taken seriously.

It may not be reasonable in your opinion, it is reasonable in mine. Any woman have the right to say 'no' in whatever moment of the 'activities' and the men has the obligation to stop, if he doesn't and continues without the woman's approval, is rape, whether her 'no' is taken seriously or not doesn't matter. Some men use this technique of 'No' means 'Yes' and we cannot tolerate this! "No" means no!!!.

What was she doing in his room "making out with him" in the first place?

She was flirting with him maybe, kissing him and other stuff...I don't understand really why do you ask this question. Personally I don't think nobody look forward in being raped even if this girl wanted to engage in sexual activity with Bryant if she said no and he thought it means yes, well, he has a problem. I'm not defending the girl because only Bryant and her know what really happened. It just turns me off when the reputation of the woman (yes is always the woman, never the man) is in jeopardy. Now, everybody call this woman all kind of crazy names...what about Bryant? what he was doing cheating on his wife with a teenager?.

I don't believe it is o.k. to rape and that includes date rape, but he doesn't seem the type up to this point in his very public life.  

The type? is there such a thing as a 'type' in a sexual offender?. You will not believe that the most honourable and respectable men/women in this society live double lives as sexual offenders....

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2003 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Boy Bad Bryant Kobe

LDS you make some very good, valid points.  As far as my comment about the girl and being with someone else the same day sexually, I think it takes away from her credibility.  That is all I am saying.  I am not saying it means she wasn't raped, but I am saying that when it is a he said she said, and it wasn't a violent crime committed on the streets by a stranger, then what else do we have to go on other than the people involved and their credibility as witnesses, etc.  There was no one else in the room.  He admits to having sex with her, but says it was consensual.  She says it wasn't.  How will we ever know the truth?  Do we just convict him because he is a man and a famous one at that so he goes to jail because, maybe he did it?

I too believe no is no.  Yet, I still think sometimes we should be more wise about the situations we find ourselves in.  You are right, I was not being fair.  If she told him no at any time then he should have stopped.

14th Nov, 2003 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

As far as my comment about the girl and being with someone else the same day sexually, I think it takes away from her credibility

I don't see it that way, I guess we don't agree in this one wink.gif

I totally agree with you that we should be more wise in the situations we are in.
Just because she wasn't rape by a stranger in the street it makes this whole situation different, but you will not believe how many rapes takes place in the walls of a home.

[offtopic] This reminds me of a thread in the LDS board you may want to check it out about Abuse https://www.bordeglobal.com/cgi-bin2/yabb/Y...;num=1061150017
I will suggest to read the whole thread since they were some hot discussions going on [/offtopic]

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2003 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?
A Friend

Page 4 Boy Bad Bryant Kobe

Lets be honest I'm sure a majority of other guys in this world have slept with someone younger then themselves, girls too I know some girls personally who are 15 dating and sexually active with a 22 year old. But the fact of the manner is the chick is probably saying it because look how much money Kobe has and how much she could get from the case. I dont know i mean he could be guilty i suppose..  

My two cents.

14th Nov, 2003 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Boy Bad Bryant Kobe

But the fact of the manner is the chick is probably saying it because look how much money Kobe has and how much she could get from the case. I dont know i mean he could be guilty i suppose..  

First you said she is doing for the money and after that is possible he could be guilty?. All I can say if its true, I don't want to be on her shoes. Just because the guy is a man, a famous one, rich one and a popular one, nobody believe it. But if he was just a normal black male living on the Bronx, everything would be different. People stereotype way too much.

14th Nov, 2003 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?

Just because she wasn't rape by a stranger in the street it makes this whole situation different, but you will not believe how many rapes takes place in the walls of a home.

Yes and I would imagine that, except for the fear for you life that you might have when raped on the street by a stranger, it is just as a bad an experience to be raped by someone you know.  Maybe more so because how do you trust people in the future.  The trouble is just that when someone is violent raped on the street by a stranger, there is no question a crime was committed so if you have DNA evidence then convicting should be no problem.  In the case where the victims know each other, it is much more difficult to really know what happened.

I don't know what happened, but I don't see that she did it just for money because in that case why didn't she just contact him or his agent directly rather than go to jail?  These charges are criminal not civil so what is she going to gain.  It isn't like Kobe can say o.k., I will give you $1,000,000 let's settle the case.  He has been charged criminally and must go to court.  I suppose if he paid her off, she could change her story to get him out of it, but I think now it is just about too late for anything in the way of a money settlement, so what is in it for her, if he didn't do it?  

I don't know, I think he probably will be found not guilty because there isn't enough evidence to prove he did it beyond a reasonable doubt.  Not guilty does not mean the same thing as innocent, just means guilt couldn't be proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Nov, 2003 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant Bad Boy - Page 4

Yes, I think he will be find not guilty. What I don't understand is why she waited the next day to make the police report. I don't know, if you're a victim of rape, will you not go straight to the police after the incident?. Just my thoughts.

I don't know what happened, but I don't see that she did it just for money because in that case why didn't she just contact him or his agent directly rather than go to jail?  These charges are criminal not civil so what is she going to gain.  It isn't like Kobe can say o.k., I will give you $1,000,000 let's settle the case.  He has been charged criminally and must go to court.

So this means she will not get a cent from all this if he is found guilty? since is a criminal court?. I don't know much about US law.

14th Nov, 2003 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant Bad Boy Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 4

What I don't understand is why she waited the next day to make the police report. I don't know, if you're a victim of rape, will you not go straight to the police after the incident?

If she was raped, then she was probably pretty upset.  Also, maybe she thought no one would believe her.  It is possible her parents or someone else close to her had to convince her to report the rape.

So this means she will not get a cent from all this if he is found guilty? since is a criminal court?.

This is true, but if he is found guilty, she could then sue him for money in a civil court.  Even if he is found not guilty she could do this because the standard of judgment isn't as strict in a civil court.  In civil court just the preponderance of evidence pointing to guilt is all that is necessary.  This means if it is more likely he did it that that he didn't go it, she could win a civil suit.  However, in a civil suit the fact that she went willingly to his room would have bearing because she could be found to have contributed to the occurrence.

OJ was found not guilty in criminal court but lost a large monetary lawsuit over wrongful death in a civil court.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,