SMF Copyright Removal

Smf Copyright Removal - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 8th May, 2011 - 4:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Simple Machines
25th Sep, 2009 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

SMF Copyright Removal

How do you go about getting the copyright removal from the bottom. I'm talking about "Powered by SMF 1.1.10 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC". I want to move that.

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2009 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Removal Copyright SMF

I don't think you can. It is basically free software so as a provision they just ask for their link info at the bottom. I think you may be able to remove the "Powered by..." portion, but you will have to write them about it. Check here for the official word: SMF Copyright Terms and FAQ.

25th Sep, 2009 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

SMF Copyright Removal Gaming Video & Issues Computer

That talks more about someone using an SMF site to do illegal activity and the person is contacting the official SMF site to resolves it.

25th Sep, 2009 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Removal Copyright SMF

Well you can try this: Am I allowed to remove / change the copyright?

From that page:

international QUOTE (From site link)
No. You cannot alter, remove, or hide the copyright tag at the bottom of any SMF forum in any way, with the exception of having written permission from Simple Machines LLC.

There is a clause there for written permission, so you can ask.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2010 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Removal Copyright SMF

Name: Forever

Comments: No kidding take a look here the impossible has been made [..] a good tutorial how to remove the SMF copyright / footer works 100%!

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2010 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

SMF Copyright Removal

Name: GamerB

Comments: When you create a custom theme do you leave the SMF copyright in there or do you take it out?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Nov, 2010 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

SMF Copyright Removal

We do not modify the SMF copyright in any way. I have had requests for this in the past but always refuse.

We would not like for people to remove our design by link in the Themes we create so in the same way we do not want to dishonor the SMF creators by doing that.

If you need a Theme you can always check us here: SMF Custom Themes.

8th May, 2011 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

SMF Copyright Removal Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I can't see how you can use something that is given to you FREE and you still want to take away any credit from the person who gave it you for FREE. Come on, give credit where credit is due and leave the SMF copyright there.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: SMF Copyright Removal

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,