Cricket - General Discussion

Cricket General Discussion - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th Jul, 2004 - 3:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (33) »

?
Poll: I understand the game of cricket?
  Yes, and I am a great fan of the sport       76.92%
  Yes, but I am not very interested in it       15.38%
  No, it is very confusing to me       7.69%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The Australians have dominated this sport for a long time. Will the West Indies ever recover? Who is your favorite team? How about your favorite player? Use this Thread as a means to talk about Cricket in general terms. Use the more specific Threads to focus on actual events, players or countries.
8th Nov, 2003 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Not very popular in the Western Hemisphere, except for the Caribbean cricket is a long drawn out game that they say only gentlemen play. Who is your favorite?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2003 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussion General Cricket

Cricket is huge here in Australia, we play in the international competition with Sri Lanka, West Indies, Pakistan, India, England, New Zealand and a few others. The Australians actually won the world cup this year. I use to play indoor cricket, that is a lot faster than the normal comp, especially the test matches. My favourite player is obviously an Australian, (although some of the other countries have players I admire) he is actually about to retire. He is the current Australian test captain Steve Waugh. He is one of the best batsmen and captains of all time.

12th Feb, 2004 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Shane Warn

What do you think about Shane Warn's return? Is he 'the Best' as the news is currently saying. Do you think he will be the big star of cricket once again or will he just be another player in a host of professionals?

13th Apr, 2004 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Brian Lara, a Trinidadian batsman, broke the world record today for the second time by scoring 400 runs against England, the same team he scored his first record against and it just so happens... at the same stadium!

Post Date: 4th May, 2004 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shane Warn

What do you think about Shane Warn's return? Is he 'the Best' as the news is currently saying. Do you think he will be the big star of cricket once again or will he just be another player in a host of professionals?

I think he shouldn't be allowed to return. Thousands of young cricket fans used to look up to him. Then he tested positive to performance enhancing drugs. What was worse was the excuses he gave as to how this happened. He was banned from playing cricket but was still able to collect his paycheques. I think he got off a little too easy.
As far as him being the best, only time will tell?

17th Jun, 2004 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Here is a link to an article I read today which contains some very interesting and unusual cricket facts:

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...mag?id=25850205

Among them who holds the record for most outs on the first ball of a Test Match; best figures by a bowler whose team lost the match; which Test Match saw not one batsman out by being bowled and team that took the longest to declare a Test match. If you follow cricket and enjoy its statistics you will enjoy this article.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jul, 2004 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion

I was recently surprised to hear of the cricket competitions in the USA, even Argentina was there (but they lost terribly). Cricket seems to be penetrating other non-cricket countries slowly.

9th Jul, 2004 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I read somewhere yesterday that the US was shunned from hosting some of the World Cup 2007 matches. However, the fact that they were even considered for a bid does show that the game is reaching to non-traditional cricket countries such as the US.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (33) »

> TOPIC: Cricket - General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,