Criteria For The One True Religion?

Criteria True Religion - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 12th Jun, 2010 - 3:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2009 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

If there is to be one True Religion then what in your opinion will be the criteria for it?

Sponsored Links:
6th Oct, 2009 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Religion True The Criteria

In my opinion, it must have the authority to act in God's name. Without that authority it is not a true religion.

I also believe that if there is one true religion, then it must be a mirror of an eternal organization and not one that is for one age and not another. It must be true in the days of Adam, the days of Noah, Abraham, Jesus and today.

I am coming from this from a Judo Christian background, but that is my opinion on the matter.

6th Oct, 2009 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Criteria For The One True Religion? Beliefs Religious General

I admit to feel the same way dbackers only one more item to me is very critical. Taht is that any tithes collected are only to serve the the one true God and not for the organization to become rick on the backs of the broken and poor.

8th Oct, 2009 - 8:51am / Post ID: #

I am wondering if this one true religion is inclusive or exclusive. Are only a few people in the grand scheme of things a part of the "one true religion" or is it many people?

I tend to believe that the "one true religion" is a reality, but it is between the individual and their God to find it. I can not in good conscious tell another person that they have not found the one true religion, because I cannot read their hearts. I am confident that there are people not of my faith that are infinitely closer to God then I am (and I know some), and this is why I try not to judge another's faith.

8th Oct, 2009 - 11:02am / Post ID: #

The relationship is very personal with God and I have seen many very close to him like you said from many different sector of the Christianity faith and Jewish. For me to see a person stand strong in his or her relation with God does take others of the same depth of relationship with God to give support when hard bumps are hit.

A church is no requirement at all for a "One True Religion" to work. In fact I like the wording One True Faith or God better. Religion to me never actually describes a good deep relationship with God.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2009 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The one true religion would be just that, the true religion. It means as God would have it be. A lot of people think true in this sense, means the opposite of false, but it means exact, all the pieces, etc. It would be as Christ set it up when he was here. It would be based on the same principals now and since Adam.

So with that thought there can be only one since everything else would a break off from the main at some point.

The main things we know it has to have based on scripture and what they have had before.

Authority
Structure (leaders)
Prophet at the head
Gatherings
Personal Revelation
Based around Christ's Mission (atonement)
Governed more by the spirit of the law and not the letter. (higher priesthood)
Continuing Scripture
Beliefs not changing due to popular opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Criteria The True Religion

Name: Atolo

Comments: In order to have one true religion you will need to have one truth first. The whole point is no one knows what the truth is because they all run on faith or fate.

12th Jun, 2010 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Criteria The True Religion General Religious Beliefs

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 11-Jun 10, 10:55 PM)
The whole point is no one knows what the truth is because they all run on faith or fate.

What about those who claim they had visions or some sort of experience that surpasses Faith?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Criteria For The One True Religion?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,