Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed? - Page 4 of 4

Obesity drives U.S. Health care costs up by - Page 4 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Feb, 2018 - 12:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion.
7th Jan, 2013 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed? - Page 4

international QUOTE (Stefflabunny)
With this in mind, I come to this website and see this thread about, "Fat Americans should be ashamed" started by an alias named GOSSIP. How dare you. Are there not fat people in other nations?!? Is it the fact we should be ashamed because we are Americans? By golly, this sure does sound like a form of harassment and bigotry, all started by someone who can't even post under their own name.

Although I appreciate the input from experience as Stefflabunny has done by sharing what she has been through in relation to this Topic there are some things I will like to bring up here, keeping in mind that this is supposed to be a mature level Discussion Forum:

1. There is a warning message for this Thread:
international QUOTE
WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion.

If you know you are easily offended or cannot be constructive about the question of the original Poster then simply move on to a Topic more pleasing to you. This is wiser than replying to say how much you do not like the Topic. There will ALWAYS be some Topic that you do not like.

The original Poster is asking a question. If you disagree then respond with a full "No", fat Americans do not have to be ashamed! Why should you feel that the Topic is singling you out?

2. Being offended is a choice and addressed here: Feeling Offended?

3. I changed the title to reflect a question rather than a statement so it is better understood.

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2013 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Ashamed Americans Fat Should

international QUOTE (Stefflabunny)
Are there not fat people in other nations?!?

That's not true, there are MANY other people in many nations that are obese, not just the US, I do believe this topic points out the obese people in the US who don't care about other people who are hungry a in need in the world, but I don't think this topic points out all the obese American people.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 7th Jan, 2013 - 7:02pm

2nd Mar, 2013 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed? Health & Special Psychology

Basically I agree with what everyone else says about throwing away food. But on a larger note, seriously, why are there even people starving in the world? The amount of food that gets thrown away every day at the restaurant I work in could keep that African child alive for a year (if properly preserved). They don't care about health codes, they'd be so happy for a half molding cheeseburger. Because food means they get to live, one more day at least. Now think about how much food gets thrown away all across America, because someone didn't like the sauce, or something just didn't get sold and is *almost* bad in the freezer. All the buffets that can't refreeze their food that didn't get eaten. There is more than enough food just here in America to sustain the entire world. Anyone who is starving and living in America is a drug addict, or completely mentally incompetent. I know what I'm talking about, I lived homeless for a short time.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2015 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 4 Ashamed Americans Fat Should

Why you are better off fat

AFTER decades of believing we need to lose weight, maybe it's time to embrace the bulge - it could be doing you good. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 12th Feb, 2018 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ashamed Americans Fat Should

Obesity drives U.S. Health care costs up by 29 percent, varies by state. Recent research provides new insights on how individual states are affected by the health care costs of obesity. Source 1r.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Should Fat Americans Be Ashamed?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,