Trini Guide To Eating

Trini Guide Eating - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Jul, 2015 - 2:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Etiquette
2nd Oct, 2009 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Trini Guide To Eating

Trinidadian Guide To Eating

* Wash hands!
* Scratching self after watching hands negates cleanliness - wash hands again!
* Regardless to tradition use utensils when possible.
* Do not chew with your mouth open
* Do not talk while eating so everyone can see what you are eating

Feel free to continue the list...

Sponsored Links:
8th Oct, 2009 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Eating Guide Trini

JB I really had to laugh after reading this thread but I could understand why you created it.

I remember eating in the lunch room at work with some friends, about one year ago. Everyone was laughing, chatting and the food was piping hot and delicious. A large greedy girl was not saying much since she was too busy shovelling food down her mouth. She noticed that I had a plate of fried fish and french fries and instead of asking, she invited herself to take a handful. The whole table fell silent. I think people went into shock or perhaps feared that they would be the next victim. I got up, threw away the rest of my delicious meal and stormed out of the lunch room. So to add to your list JB:

Try savouring every bite rather than shovel your food in your mouth.

Remember gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins. Eat your own food, mind your own business and do not grab food from someone else's plate.

8th Oct, 2009 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Trini Guide To Eating Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I would not have thrown it away, neither would I have left. I would have first given her my infamous look that usually reads "You look like a total...." then I would have pushed the plate of food her way in a calm manner for maximum intent and said something like, "That cost me $xx.xx, since you wanted it give me my money so I can get a fresh plate of food, minus your germs.". That would have done two things that most Trinis need (because they do not get it usually), let her know how stupid her actions are when she does these things, and teach anyone else watching that makbe considering doing that a lesson that they will surely not forget. Storming out in her mind just probably made you look overly sensitive (which you had a right to), knowing how this 'type' of Trini thinks.

9th Oct, 2009 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Eating Guide Trini

international QUOTE
let her know how stupid her actions are when she does these things, and teach anyone else watching that makbe considering doing that a lesson that they will surely not forget.

JB I was so tempted to give her a piece of my mind but I did not think it was worth it. I was having a very good day and I had no intentions of allowing a "pig" spoil the way I felt.

international QUOTE
Storming out in her mind just probably made you look overly sensitive (which you had a right to), knowing how this 'type' of Trini thinks.

laugh.gif! If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were there too! Many of my friends said that she just had a smug look on her face when I left. I suppose that I did not want to lower myself to her level, that is why I took the high road and left. Trying hard to be polite is not always easy JB!

Oh I forgot this one JB! How about, if a piece of food sticks in your teeth, (while you are eating) don't try to pull it out at the table. Get up and go to the bathroom!

14th Jul, 2015 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Eating Guide Trini

This may not be seen as etiquette but do not encourage slackness and unhygienic conditions by continuing to be a patron at these establishments that do not care about the health of people.

17th Jul, 2015 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Trini Guide To Eating

You should check out the Ministry of Health's notices. They publish their findings of food establishments that had to be closed down because of lack of hygiene / safety, it will shock you!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Trini Guide To Eating

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,