Touched By September 11th - 9/11 - Page 2 of 12

Did anyone see the recently released security - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2004 - 12:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (12) »

?
Poll: Did September 11th affect you deeply?
  Yes, very much so       62.96%
  Yes, but only as much as any other world tragedy       29.63%
  Not really, terror happens all the time for me       3.70%
  No, not at all       3.70%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
9/11 Since this tradegy took place the world is a much different place. Share your thoughts and experiences if you were there.
Touched By September 11th - 9/11 Related Information to Touched By September 11th - 9/11
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Touched By September 11th - 9/11
A Friend

Touched By September 11th - 9/11 - Page 2

I got to looking at my calendar and noticed that September 11 is only a few days from now.  I remember those events as if they happened yesterday.  Even though some time has passed, it still hits me pretty hard.  :(  More shock and fear than anything else.  

As a young girl growing up in the north, my grandmother used to take us on trips to New York quite often.  I can't count how many times that I have been to the WTC and other parts of the city.  I still find it hard to picture the New York skyline without the towers.  Let alone looking at recent pictures of the city skyline now and remembering all those horrible videos and pictures taken on that day.

I do feel for all those families that lost loved ones and friends on that fateful day.  My prayers are still with them as another year comes around again.  I hope that those families have found some sort of peace in their lives.  As I too try and settle feelings of sadness for those who lost their lives on that fateful day.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2003 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

th September Touched

It will be one of those dates that people will always remember

1) Where they were when it happened
2) What they were doing
3) Who they were with
4) The images that played over and over and over on the TV

The destruction and loss of life were so shocking and heart breaking.

The stories later about the heroes were also heart breaking, but also uplifting.

And it's just the beginning.  The group led by Osama Bin Laden will not quit.  They are very patient.  We (as Americans) need to remember that the world is no longer "safe."  Not that it ever was, but we assumed so.  Safety is a state of mind, not a reality.  Stay aware, and be careful.

In my opinion.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

21st Sep, 2003 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Touched By September 11th - 9/11 History & Civil Business Politics

Just to show you how 'international' was the effect of the WTC nightmare:

This link shows how many people from each country that died in the Sept 11th attack.
https://commemoratewtc.com/contributors/countries.php

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2003 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 th September Touched

For the past two years my thoughts have been who and where will be next.  The events of 9-11 also resound because of the sheer depravity of the actions taken.  I know of no other terrorist action that took that many lives at one time...most have only been in the hundreds.  It was truly an act of evil genius.

I don't know what people in other countries discuss but I haven't been able to get the image of that last Jerusalem bombing out of my mind....the emergency workers were working on a small child.  There were so many children on that bus and I can't imagine the pain and the horror they must have all felt.

28th Sep, 2003 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

th September Touched

[quote] For the past two years my thoughts have been who and where will be next.  [/quote]
Well it has been answered time and time again by the terrorists... anyone that is not for them is a target.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2003 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sept 11 is a sad day for all.  I remember sitting in my classroom and watching the news and thinking holy crap.....whats going on.  Who would have done this.  On the topic of war and terrorists what do you people think of the attack on Iraq?  I agree with what the president did, Saddam killed more poeple in a year then you could imagine.  It would be like Sept 11th every week over there.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2004 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Touched September 11th 9/11 - Page 2

VICTIMS' FAMILIES HEAR VOICES FROM HIJACKED PLANES

At the 9/11 commission's final public hearing Thursday, a report recounting
the details of what happened on each of the four planes involved in the
attacks was read aloud before an audience that included victims' relatives,
some clutching photos of their loved ones. The report was interspersed with
tape recordings from the planes and control towers that had not been heard in
public before. "It was awful. We didn't have any warning until right before
the hearing started that we were going to hear those voices," says Carrie
Lemack, whose mother was on American Flight 11. "Normally, if we're going to
have some sort of graphic material "¦ demonstrated, whether it's videos of
planes hitting, or if it's voices of my mother's murderers, we'd like to know
in advance. We didn't get that warning."

This segment was excerpted from "American Morning," which features daily
interviews with top newsmakers and celebrities.

23rd Jul, 2004 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Touched September 11th 9/11 Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Did anyone see the recently released security video tape showing airport security using metal detectors to scan the terrorists (just before they got on the plane) because the main detector beeped and they had knives on them? After using the smaller version they went free. Wow, makes you think that the next time you see a metal detector you may not have faith in it. Also makes you wonder if any of the security had 'in' on this? I have not seen any highlight on that.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Touched By September 11th - 9/11

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,