Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 6 of 112

Surely not just common everyday communication, - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Dec, 2009 - 7:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 112 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2009 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 6

Ok here's my character, got a very unusually dice roll, was going to re-roll but figured what the hell I'll make it work hehehehe.

Character-Banahll The Ugly
Class-Wizard
Race-Half Elf
Religion-Obad-Hai
Level-1
Alignment-Chaotic Neutral
Base Attack Bonus-0
HP-7

Strength-7 -2
Dex-17 +3
Const- 16 +3
Int- 18 +4 WooHoo!
Wis-9 -1
Charisma-4 -3 UGGG!

Fortitude+3=3
Reflex+3=3
Will-1=1
Initiative+3=3
Melee-2=-2
Ranged+3=3
pp-0 gp-0 Sp-9
Armor Class 3+10+0=13

Skills:

concentration 1 + 3 = 4
handle animal 4 + -3 = 1
heal 1 + -1 = 0
knowledge arcana 1 + 4 = 5
knowledge dungeoneering 1 + 4 = 5
knowledge nature 4 + 4 = 8
listen 1 + -1 = 0
ride 3 + 3 = 6
search 2 + 4 = 6
spellcraft 1 + 4 = 5
spot 1 + -1 = 0
survival 1 + -1 = 0
use magic device 1 + -3 = -2
use rope 1 + 3 = 4

Equipment:

Quarterstaff 1d6 (1)
Leather +2 (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Flint/steel (1)
Ink (1)
Inkpen (1)
Mirror (1)
Paper (1)
Soap 1lb (1)
Tent 20lb (1)
Spell component pouch 2lb (1)
Spell book 3lb (1)
Cold weather outfit 7lb (1)
Scholar's outfit 6lb (1)
Traveler's outfit 5lb (1)
Guard dog (1)

Feats/Specials:

animal affinity
Summon familiar
Scribe scroll

Languages:

Common
Dwarven
Elven
Giant
Halfling
Undercommon

Wizard Spells

Detect Poison -- Div -- 0
Read Magic -- Div -- 0
Daze -- Ench -- 0
Dancing Lights -- Evoc -- 0
Flare -- Evoc -- 0
Light -- Evoc -- 0
Ray of Frost -- Evoc -- 0
Ghost Sound -- Illus -- 0
Disrupt Undead -- Necro -- 0
Touch Fatigue -- Necro -- 0
Mage Hand -- Trans -- 0
Mending -- Trans -- 0
Message -- Trans -- 0
Open/Close -- Trans -- 0
Acrane Mark -- Univ -- 0
Prestidigitation -- Univ -- 0
Detect Magic -- Div -- 0
Magic Missle -- Evoc -- 1
Tenser's Floating Disk -- Evoc -- 1
Ventriloquism -- Illus -- 1
Feather Fall -- Trans -- 1

Banahll was hidueosly disfigured as a child, as a result of his ugliness and weakness in strength he was constantly bullied making him able to take abuse well ( hence the high const), he spent most of his time locked away in his room reading (high int) and running away from his tormentors (high dex) HIs only companions and friends where the animals of the forest who did not judge him for his looks
(such high nature skills), he developed a deep kinship with all animals and despises any who intentionally harm mother nature.

So let me know if this is o.k. Like I said I was going to re-roll, but figured with the back story he might be fun to play while the extremes in the stats roles keep the character from being O.P.

One last thing to note, I had to dump alot of skill points into handle animal in order to make the back story fit due to his horrible charisma. Just my way of keeping everything balanced.

Reconcile Edited: BadByrd on 17th Dec, 2009 - 10:54pm

Sponsored Links:
17th Dec, 2009 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

From what I know about dice rolls you can't have any states lower then 8, I'm sorry but I think you'll have to roll again, but if you want to keep background, just have the rolls moved around when you do.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2009 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

According to the instructions on character posting your stats must be no lower than 3 and no higher than 18. My stats fall within that criteria.

if forced to I can change his charisma and strength to eight if it turns out that thomas lee is right, will take some changs concerning feats and such, but eight is still pretty fugly and weak so no need to re-roll to make the back story still work laugh.gif.

Reconcile Edited: BadByrd on 17th Dec, 2009 - 11:43pm

17th Dec, 2009 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

It depends - some people go with 8 but the standard minimum is 3, but of course that's the least you can roll. Some people add up the stats and if they don't equal a certain number, you can reroll everything, or divide like 6 points between everything or something. But it will be up to KNtoran how to do this, so you'll just have to wait and see what he says when he posts. Welcome aboard, so far.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2009 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

I definately wouldn't mind having a few extra points to dived among my stats, I would throw 2 onto int, making it twenty, three onto dex making it twenty and one onto cons. However I get the feeling the Dm probably wouldn't appreciate that, you know what they say about dex, once it gets above 19 you can do all kinds of crazy Sh**!

The again with such low charisma I'm basically going to be attacked on-sight, having a 20 dex so I can dodge easily may be the only thing standing between me and oblivion, guess I'll just have to wait and see if the DM wants to modify any of my rolls, I can definately say this though, I can't be accused of cheating on the dice rolls, no one would do this to themselves intentionally laugh.gif.

Reconcile Edited: BadByrd on 18th Dec, 2009 - 12:07am

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2009 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

BadByrd your Wizard is accepted with the following note. As a half elf I can not have you with a 4 Charisma I raised that to a 8. This is still ugly for a half elf. Some even told you your father was a orc. Make the change on your sheets and modifiers.

I will get you into the story watch the story thread for your entrance into the group.
After your entrance in the story line you can post in the party thread.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Dec, 2009 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 6

One's charisma is characterized by a personal charm and magnetism (attractiveness), along with innate and powerfully sophisticated abilities of interpersonal communication and persuasion. One who is charismatic is said to be capable of using their personal being, rather than just speech or logic alone, to communicate with other beings in a personal and direct manner, and effectively communicate an argument or concept to them.

A word of warning if you keep you charisma the way it is"¦
With as low of a charisma as you have you will have a difficult if not impossible communicating with anyone, its more than being ugly, your low charisma will prevent you from accomplishing just about anything that involves talking to people, if you keep your charisma the way it is you will not be able to socialize at all.

18th Dec, 2009 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Surely not just common everyday communication, not actual difficulty in the communication itself, but perhaps the intent, like a lack of empathy or proper nuances and body languages and emphasis - maybe an extremely awkward, oblivious type clearly showing little to no regard for someone, possibly even profoundly arrogant, to the point he is nearly unlikeable regardless of his actual behavior itself. A low Charisma elf would be interesting to play - I also note, metagame-wise, this is fairly typical, even for elf players, Charisma being a dump stat.

Rather off topic, but...

I know a few people like this myself - they let people crash on their couch for months, help pay bills, loan money and buy people whole computer systems for birthdays or Christmas, but they are so abrasive in just normal conversation, with the things they say and how they treat other people and their obnoxious behavior and opinions, presumptive and domineering, and I honestly cannot stand to be around them. Definitely low Charisma to me, so I can easily see an elf being able to be classified the same way.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.