Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 102 of 112

Erm just asking do I need to put the AC stuff - Page 102 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Feb, 2018 - 10:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 112 pgs.  98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 102

To Edit, click on the character sheet found at the right of any of your posts in here, and then look for the update character button at the top.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

I already knew that though a quick question would sky's teeth and claws count as a mod or something to learn. And my dice rolls came in as 19,12.

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 24th Feb, 2018 - 8:36pm

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Modify your sheet for your description as I set forth. Your have a hazel eye and a brown eye. Your teeth can be used as a weapon but you can not use your hands as claw attacks. Your fist do 1 point of damage + strength bonus. Your bite will do 1d4 damage only. You have small wings for now about three feet total wing span that will grow one foot per year. You will have to have ten foot wing span to fly a little bit. You also have a tail that is like a cross between a wolf and horse. The hair is long like a horse but it is short about half the length of a normal wolfs. You have a snout but more horse shaped thus the lower damage from a bite attack. The pegasus part of you does give you a +1 natural armor that increases +1 per three levels. You do heal twice as fast as normal humanoids so instead of 1 per 8 hours rest you heal 2. Your feet are hooved like a horse and you can run faster base speed is 40.

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 102 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Thanks and I will get to editing any mishaps right away once I am done can you give it a look through so what section do I put the details about attack and the armour.

Reconcile Edited: redsopine on 24th Feb, 2018 - 9:06pm

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Your wings are not three feet each side three feet total wingspan tip to tip. You need to edit that and your tail too. You have no cloak, dagger bow or spear. You will have to buy that with your 90 gold *smile*.

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ok got that but now I need edit backstory a bit as well then again he could have daily caught what he sold by hand I will get right on the changes.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 102

Okay, so, now for a bit of math, followed by an infodump.

You've got the raw ability scores, but need to calculate your ability modifiers based on the same.

The formula for that is (Abilityscore-10)/2, then round the result down. So that 18 would yield a +4, while the 8 would yield a -1.

My suggestion for your stats:
Strength 8 (-1)
Dexterity 18 (+4)
Con 15 (+2)
Intelligence 17 (+3)
Wisdom 11 (+0)
Charisma 13 (+1)

After that, we can start adding other things up. A first level rogue has a BAB, or base attack bonus, of 0 (Don't worry, it will go up soon)

In order to hit with a non finesse melee weapon, your modifier to do so would be BAB + Strength, or -1. Finesse melee weapons and ranged weapons however would be BAB + Dexterity, or +4 in your case. Since Finesse melee and ranged weapons are a rogue's forte, this works out just fine.

A first level rogue has base Fortitude/Reflex/Will save modifiers of 0/2/0, they add Con/Dexterity/Wisdom respectively for a total of 2/6/0 in your case. These are numbers used to defend against most traps and spells.

Your Armor Class, or the number attackers have to beat to hit you, is rather complex. There are actually three different kinds of AC. Standard, Touch, and Flatfooted. Touch AC is any case where the enemy just has to graze you for the attack to work, and any kind of armor won't help. Flatfooted AC is any case where you're unable to move and dodge, and only your armor is protecting you.

So, Base AC score is 10+Armor+Dexterity+Shield+deflection+dodge+miscellaneous
Touch AC is 10+Dexterity+deflection+dodge+miscellaneous
Flatfooted AC is 10+Armor+Shield+deflection+miscellaneous

Right now, with no gear, and no AC boosting abilities, your AC/TouchAC/FFAC would be 14/14/10. If you pick up a set of Studded Leather armor like I'd suggest, that will go up to 17/14/13. Not a bad start in my estimation.

Here are the other things the rogue gets. Source 7g

You'll notice that at level 1, you have the special abilities Sneak Attack, and Trapfinding. Scroll down on that page for a description of what they do.

Also check out the list of Class skills. Those are not all of the skills available in the game, but anything not on your class list costs double to buy.

As a rogue, you get more skill points than almost anyone. (8+Int)*4 to start, and 8+Int for each level afterwards. So if you follow my stat suggestions, you'll have a whopping 44 skill points to assign where you wish. Note that you can only assign 4 points to any single skill right now.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Feb, 2018 - 10:06pm

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2018 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 102

Erm just asking do I need to put the AC stuff into my character card if that's the case can I copy and paste it.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.