Human Trafficking - Page 2 of 4

Human trafficking a worldwide problem Hughes - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Oct, 2010 - 12:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Top  Human Trafficking Sex trafficking - kidnapping - sold into prostitution
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2005 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Human Trafficking - Page 2

EDITORIAL: SLAVERY AN AMERICAN PROBLEM

Most Americans consider the practice of slavery a regrettable period in the nation's history. Few could fathom that the human slave trade is alive in 2005 - in the United States.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2007 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

Trafficking Human

EDITORIAL: SLAVERY STILL COMMON

As many American cities prepare to observe Juneteenth, which commemorates June 19,1865, when slaves in Texas learned they had been freed by the Emancipation Proclamation more than two years earlier, it should not escape notice that the human slave trade is not a thing of the past.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...93353,00.html

14th Jun, 2007 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking History & Civil Business Politics

I think the underlying issue is how do we rid the world of poverty! As long as we have people who do not have enough if any food to eat a place to live where they feel safe human trade rings or slavery will always exist.

In my own town I know of three families that were given refugee status in the hopes of saving them from drug rings. We have a major influx of drug houses in southern Canada these have nothing to do with the American underground leaders such as Hells Angles, but Asian and Korean drug lords.

The buy huge brand new homes in many areas and drag some poor soul from their home country into the house to look after crops. They get one room in which they live and the rest of the home is used to grow marijuana. The use two typical methods one take the children and threaten to kill them if they do not cooperate or say to them look you look after the house and your children will get an education. If you are in the country with no potential for a good life for you children would you not take up the offer in hopes the children would be better off? I think I would and I might even feel slightly loyal to the person making the offer.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

15th Jun, 2007 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Trafficking Human

Krakyn:

As long as we have people who do not have enough if any food to eat a place to live where they feel safe human trade rings or slavery will always exist.

That's just one aspect. There are literally hundreds of every day people (women and kids particularly) being kidnapped as I type this for the purpose of being sold as sex slaves as an example. Poverty is just one aspect of human trafficking but nowdays the number one is sexual slavery, prostitution and exploitation.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Jun, 2007 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

Trafficking Human

There are huge amounts of human trafficking going on in Eastern europe too, many young girls and young women being smuggled into Britain against their will, and mainly for the sex trade. It needs tighter measures to eradicate it all together.
Many British churches are campaigning for help and legislation to stop human trafficking, and to keep British politicians aware that there is a major problem. More ports and ferry terminals are getting tighter security, not only for terrorism, but to stop the smuggling of humans into the country.
It's still only reaching the tip of the ice berg though, in my opinion.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2009 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking

Victims of trafficking 'need to seek help'

A high-profile Auckland lawyer says human trafficking is happening in New Zealand, but the Labour Department says it can do little unless victims come forward. Ref. Source 4

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2009 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking - Page 2

"The Slave Next Door: Human Trafficking and Slavery in America Today"

We speak with Kevin Bales, a leader in the abolition movement to end modern-day slavery and co-author of The Slave Next Door: Human Trafficking and Slavery in America Today. Bales estimates some 27 million people labor as slaves today-more than at anytime in history. Bales has also helped expose modern-day slavery in the United States, where he estimates between 14,000 and 17,500 people are trafficked into the country each year. He writes, "There has never been a single day in our America, from its discovery and birth right up to the moment you are reading this sentence, without slavery." Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2010 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Human Trafficking Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Human trafficking a worldwide problem

Hughes has interviewed hundreds of women across the globe who have become property. They are modern-day slaves to fulfill the s-xual demands of paying clients as arranged by their pimps or owners. Yet, unlike historical slavery, many of today's slaves are not forced or stolen away. Instead, they're lured by the promise of jobs and financial security for their families. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Human Trafficking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,