United Nations or USA's Nations? - Page 5 of 20

LDS, No ma'am, I am not kidding. I am dead - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Mar, 2003 - 9:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (20) »
Who controls the United Nations really?
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2003 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

United Nations or USA's Nations?
A Friend

United Nations or USA's Nations? - Page 5

rpg,
US has never said final word depends on the UN.
Bush has made it clear he will do what we think needs to be done.

He is merely trying to give these spineless old men a chance to act like men- which they won't because they aren't- acting on the advice of Colin Powell- which he should ignore.

He has goofed, by messing around, giving Iraq the tactical advantage.

The UN is, always was, and always be, irrelevant. It's only truly functinal purpose was to keep the US, China and the USSR from each other's throats during the cold war.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2003 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nations USAs Nations United

I see that to be true, but I also still think the U.N is becoming a large influence on the U.S!

13th Mar, 2003 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

United Nations or USA's Nations? History & Civil Business Politics

I see that to be true, but I also still think the U.N is becoming a large influence on the U.S

Well of course, even though Bush may want to portrait he doesn't care what the UN has to say he's desesperate for international support for this war, he KNOWS it will affect tremendously his image if he goes to war without the ok of the UN.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Mar, 2003 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Nations USAs Nations United

Something I do not understand is this... why would a country all the way in the Southern Hemisphere of the Earth have anything to do with a conflict all the way in the Middle East? I think those on the war council should be made up of countries that directly relate to three things;
1. Important Economic Power
2. Important Military Power
3. Country near to conflict
I mean, can you imagine a tiny island like Trinidad deciding if a bigger country should go to war or not?

From Deseret News:

U.S. QUICKLY REJECTS CHILE'S IRAQ PROPOSAL
The United States immediately rejected a proposal by Chile on Friday to give
Saddam Hussein a last chance to disarm peacefully, leaving no compromise in
sight and casting further doubt on any U.N. backing for war.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...33451%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2003 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nations USAs Nations United

JB,
I'm with you on this.
I have always been a devout advocate of The Monroe Doctrine. I am fully convinced the US should pull all of their troops out of every other country and come home. We should take those troops and place them on the borders of our country and seal them off from land, sea and air. Period. Our borders should be converted into military bases where our Special Forces train, thus if you set foot on it, whether you be drug dealer or illegal immigrant, you get shot without question. Or shot out of the sky or blown out of the water, whichever may apply. We could cut our ground forces in half by doing that and save ourselves a whole lot of money. And you can bet your boots that with the Navy Seals and Army Rangers running around on the ground and F-16s patrolling the skies, the drug trade would drop like a rock.

We should cut off economic aid to every nation and spend it on our people, and let all the others take care of their own problems. The only time they like us is when they have their hands out.

The INS needs to be turned into the DES (Deportation and Expulsion Service) and all non-citizens sent back to their respective countries, regardless of race, creed or gender. Go Home and gripe about the US.

The UN needs to be shut down and re-established somewhere in Europe where they can natter ineffectively to their heart's content. And we will no longer have to foot the bill for all this nonsense.

And the next time Germany decides to beat up on France, Don't Call Us.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2003 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

US is in charge.  The US will not allow any other nation to control it's security!!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Mar, 2003 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

United Nations USA's Nations - Page 5

Stranger, you worries me man lol. Now, *seriously* are you serious with the statements above or you're just trying to be sarcastic and make a point?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2003 - 9:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

United Nations USA's Nations Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

LDS,
No ma'am, I am not kidding. I am dead serious.
We have 1-2 million immigrants come into this country every year, which creates problems those of you in other countries cannot even imagine.

We pour tens of billions into economic aid when we have many of the same problems right here at home. We need to solve our own problems first.

We sacrifice the cream of our youth in foreign wars, our young men and women dead, with no future, no nothing.

For What?

To listen to all of you gripe about what arrogant cowboys we are?

At the same time you have your hands out wanting our money, access to our educational system, free economics and our military might- when it suits YOUR purposes?

I don't think so!!!

The fact is, LDS, we ARE a good-hearted people, comprised mainly of rural and suburban folks who are plain-spoken, neighborly and have an old-fashioned code of honor.

We have an almost universal dislkie of bullies, which is why we get embroiled in a lot of the things we do.

The truth is, we should have let Hitler exterminate the Jews, enslave France, Poland, England and the rest of you.

Then, if he was stupid enough to jump us, we would have taken care of him.

We should have stayed out of Korea Viet Nam altogether. We lost over 60,000 lives in that mess!!!

Are you people who are constantly spitting in our faces worth 60,000 American lives?

Not in my estimation!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: United Nations or USA's Nations?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,