Regulate The Internet - Page 2 of 2

Such ISPs might find themselves on the losing - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
FCC
6th Dec, 2017 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Regulate The Internet - Page 2

international QUOTE (Daishain)
It is entirely possible that in a few months I suddenly won't be able to access this site any more, if JB refuses to knuckle under to what amounts to extortion

Extortion? Servers are in the US and content is open and transparent save for Upgraded members. While they may decide their restrictions I will keep moving forward as I must because this is an international site and not just here at the USA's discretion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Regulate The Internet
A Friend

Internet Regulate

What I meant by that is my ISP, Suddenlink in this case, will soon be legally able to start asking you to pay them fees in exchange for not throttling my connection to this site. It'l probably be phrased as an opportunity rather than extortion of course. "Sign up now to be a preferred service to our clients and they'll enjoy blazing fast connection speeds!"

This has no impact at all on what you do on your end, the website will still be here and operating as normal, but it can have one on whether people in the US are able to freely come here.

And before people mention the possibility of switching to a different provider, even if Suddenlink didn't have an effective monopoly in my area, there isn't a single US based ISP company that hasn't already been caught and punished for screwing with connections like that. Only now that kind of BS is about to be legal….

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Dec, 2017 - 1:44pm

6th Dec, 2017 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Regulate The Internet Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Such ISPs might find themselves on the losing end if they take up that practice and very large social networks are the only ones to gain from buy ins because they can afford it. I also feel that if there is such a policy in place they will do it under an umbrella organization rather than each individual ISP which will be impossible to track. Either way I will be monitoring what happens.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Regulate The Internet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,