The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 25 of 28

I really could not pick one, it’s like making - Page 25 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 16th Apr, 2020 - 8:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2018 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 25

Hmm, it's hard to say what constitutes the best book I've ever read since I've read so many stories that have been considered as "The best book" at the time of reading it. However what was my favorite book at my teenage years is not my favorite book today, but does that mean I should relegate the old favorite to a lower position? Rather I think the best solution is to mention my favorite books throughout the ages. So I'll list them by my age range when it was my favorite.

Favorite book/series as a child - Animorphs

Favorite book/series as a teen - Harry Potter

Favorite book/series in the military - Sword of Truth Series

Favorite book/series in college - Drizzt the Drow Elf/Forgotten Realms series

Favorite book/series post college - The Magicians series by Lev Grossman

Favorite book/series currently - Coiling Dragon (Chinese fantasy novel).

Sponsored Links:
18th Nov, 2018 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Read You Book The

My favorites have changed as I grew up. As a child the first book I checked out of the school library was Where The Sidewalk Ends. I devoured it over the weekend and asked for it as my birthday gift.

Then there was the Wizard and Warrior choose your own adventure books. Then Where The Red Fern Grows, The Jack London books and anything Cryptizoological in nature.
When I was 10 my mom put a King book in my hands and I was hooked. It opened up the horror genre and I found Barker, Lovecraft, Poe and others. I read my first Forgotten Realms book at 17 and fell in love with the Drow and Menzoberronzan.
Then came Milton, Dante', Nietzsche, Voltaire, Socrates and Twain.
I love literature. Can't pick a favorite.

9th Jul, 2019 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Just about anything by Terry Pratchett. But I think "Guards, Guards", "Lords and Ladies", "Fifth Elephant", "Interesting Times", and "Small Gods" give a great overview of the mix of humor, insight into human society, and love and sympathy for people that Pratchett displayed. They are the most self-aware books, without being pretentious, that I have ever read. And they are often truly laugh out loud hilarious.

9th Sep, 2019 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 25 Read You Book The

It's always very difficult to chose one book to carry that title! But if I had to chose only one, considering one that really impact me, is a Brazilian one called "Meu Pé de Laranja-Lima".

I believe its name in English was translated to "My Sweet Orange Tree".

It tells the story of a very imaginative boy and how he handles the fact that his family needs him to start wondering around and face the "Real world". It's very sad, but beautiful.

6th Oct, 2019 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Read You Book The

Most recent book I finished reading was “ Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind” by Yuval Hariri. It gives an view of humankind as Homo Sapiens compared to the rest of the other species.

2nd Dec, 2019 - 6:38am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read

Well seeing how I'm a huge fantasy fan, I would have to go with Wizards First Rule (1st book of sword of truth series) by Terry Goodkind. It really sucks you in with an amazing story and great characters. I recommend anyone interested in fantasy books to read it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Mar, 2020 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

The Book You Read - Page 25

I enjoyed "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot. I say that because it's the first book that comes to mind when this question comes up. It's about a woman who was taken advantage of and her family that was still struggling decades later. I also connect to it personally, as it speaks about cervical cancer, which my mother had when I was a child.

16th Apr, 2020 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 25

I really could not pick one, it’s like making a choice between your favourite brother or sister. I would say my favourite “topic” now a days is spiritual/conspiracy.

+  « First of 28 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,