Do we use the word racism in Trinidad too quick?

Do Word Racism Trinidad Quick - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 4th Nov, 2003 - 12:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
30th Oct, 2003 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Every time I watch the TV or read the news, there is always an issue about race, whether is the PNM or the UNC. What's going on? you cannot make any decent comment without somebody saying you're racist. Is this something recent? can somebody explain me what is this all non-sense going on?

Sponsored Links:
31st Oct, 2003 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

quick Trinidad racism word use Do

tell me about it!!

these politicians are fanning a fire in our country that shouldn't have been started in the beginning.

they are using the people of Trinidad and Tobago...trying to turn us against our neighbours, just for a vote.  >:(

These politicians know they have nothing intelligent to say in any of their discussions, so why not start up bacchanal by bringing up race?....no one takes them on until they mention racism.

i just dont understand how Trinidadians are so ridiculous to fall into their trap. The attitudes of both our politicians AND some of our people, are sending Trinidad and Tobago further backward every day.

31st Oct, 2003 - 9:07am / Post ID: #

Do we use the word racism in Trinidad too quick? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I am not biased, but I believe that no other person has promoted and pushed the race issue more than Panday and his government. There are some issues to deal with, but that is more legislative rather than racial. He is mixing up the two.

31st Oct, 2003 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

So are you saying that before Panday was in power the race thing was never an issue?

31st Oct, 2003 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Not as much as it is after him, it has always been an issue, it is never not an issue, but before him I think the people did not make a high priority, no one even talked about it. Panday used the issue of race as one of the political drives of his party to secure votes.

3rd Nov, 2003 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

but before him I think the people did not make a high priority, no one even talked about it. .

i agree with you to a certain extent JB

u remember that, BEFORE Panday, there were never any Indians in power....so race was never an issue.
now it has BECOME an issue because the politicians see now, that anyone can win general elections.

The "indian" party won elections after years of Afro-Trinidadian political leaders. So now, more than ever before, it is a dog-eat-dog situation.

what im trying to say is that, since UNC won the election years ago, both parties are on equal footing. There's no longer an "underdog".This is why these politicians are using whatever means necessary to push them ahead in the game, even if it is by using the race card.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Nov, 2003 - 8:26am / Post ID: #

Do use word racism Trinidad quick

I understand what you are saying. I thought about that before and in the beginning it was okay, but he still continues to rant over it after people have got the point already. He needs to stop playing that broken record, because it using more as a 'I need to say something negative about the government' rather than 'this is a genuine issue and I would like to help resolve it'.

4th Nov, 2003 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Do use word racism Trinidad quick Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

'I need to say something negative about the government' rather than 'this is a genuine issue and I would like to help resolve it'.

well i think this can be said about 99% of the issues UNC and PNM bring up. They dont deal with the issues, but instead, USE these issues to point out the downfalls of the opposition party.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Do we use the word racism in Trinidad too quick?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,