Prisons in Trinidad & Tobago

Prisons Trinidad Tobago - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th Jan, 2012 - 1:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Trinidad Prison officers - Trinidad Prison Conditions - Trinidad Prisoners - Tobago prison
16th May, 2003 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

I was watching a programme with Ira Mathur on TV 6 featuring some former prisoners and their reasons for a life of crime. It first started with lack of family support followed by wrong choices on the individual's part. However, the point of this thread is the way they were treated while in prison did not help to reform them, but to make them more full of hate. What do you think about the prison system in T&T? That is… those of you that have had some interaction with it.

Sponsored Links:
16th May, 2003 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Prisons

international QUOTE
What do you think about the prison system in T&T?

The prison system in Trinidad and Tobago is TERRIBLE. They're overcrowded, they don't have any special serious programs for rehabilitation for the prisoners, there are guards who have AIDS! And not to mention the high percentage of AIDS between the prisoners related to homosexuality. One of the reasons? They're not allowed to smoke, so most of them prostitute themselves for a cigarette...the end? They get AIDS. What the Chief of the Prisons in Trinidad say about it? 'To give them cigarettes is morally wrong'. I'm wonder if he thinks that getting AIDS through homosexual sexual relations is NOT morally wrong? :smile.gif

27th May, 2003 - 7:29am / Post ID: #

Prisons in Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

What the Chief of the Prisons in Trinidad say about it? 'To give them cigarrets is morally wrong'  I'm wonder if he thinks that getting AIDS through homosexual sexual relations is NOT morally wrong?

Obviously, many think like this, but do not weigh homosexuality because it is a touchy subject.

They're overcrowded

I understand it is up to 10 in a cell with one toilet in the middle of the cell! I do not know if that is true, but that is ridiculous.

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2004 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

In the Express today, pg. 3 is one story about a prisoner who is suing the State over the very poor conditions within the prison. He actually recalls having to stuff his mouth, ears, and nose with newspaper just to stop cockroaches from entering his body while he sleeps. What do you think about the prison conditions in Trinidad & Tobago? Have you ever been inside of a prison locally?

13th Dec, 2004 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

I heard that the conditions are really, really bad. Even though I do not think it should look like the Hilton Hotel, basic needs must be provided!

20th Apr, 2007 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

The latest on the news is that they are going to be building more prisons to cope with the rising population of criminals. It is ashame to live in a society where criminality grows at a faster rate than the population at large which is on the decline.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Oct, 2010 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Prisons Trinidad & Tobago

On TV 6 tonight they were reporting on future plans to have prisoners be able to spend hours or days with their spouses in special quarters as they do in the US. What do you think about this plan?

13th Jan, 2012 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Prisons Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

What about that idea the minister for justice has about allowing prisoners to be real personal with their spouses if they have enough points for good behaviour? I think its great because it can let out pent up feelings. They have something like this in America already.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Prisons in Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,