Manning and Castro are buddies? Is this good?

Manning Castro Buddies Good - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 6th Oct, 2004 - 3:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th Dec, 2002 - 11:47am / Post ID: #

The PM recently went to Cuba by invitation from Cuban President Castro. Mr. Manning is taking his cardiologist along to seek treatment/evaluation on his heart. I understand that Cuba has an excellent health programme second to none in the world. Anyways my point is...

Is it good that TT maintains relations with a Communist Dictator? I think it's amusing that the US has such strong animosity against Castro and yet still TT seems casual in its' relationship with the Cuban leader. At the same time TT claims such loyalty to the US and there was a time where the US asked TT to stop its dealings with Cuba and the reply was "No". Cuba is treated as a welcomed member of CARICOM and as a fellow Caribbean island. Even with Castro's past its not hard to see why TT would choose to be a 'buddy' with this person (a revolutionary) since they did the same with Abu Bakr.

Now I really do not have any particular view on this. I merely put it here as an option for discussion. However, I feel we are being watched closely by the bigger powers. We have a strategic location and if we were to ever go 'left' I am sure we would be immediately invaded.

What's your view?

Sponsored Links:
7th Dec, 2002 - 3:15pm / Post ID: #

good this buddies Castro Manning

I don't see anything wrong with Manning and Castro, two leaders of different countries, having a good relationship with each other. As far as I know, Cuba didn't have any problems with Trinidad in the past or at the present. Plus, a president of any country should lead for his people not for any other country that tries to 'push' him to do something.
I don't think Trinidad will be ever invaded, sorry but it sounds kind of comical, Trini is such a small island with no big repercusion in the world nor in the big countries, so I don't think there is nothing to worry about.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2002 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Manning and Castro are buddies? Is this good? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Nothing wrong with that,,,lol
the US now want to have relations with Cuba but is shame,,,yes shame,,,,if they have keep a good relationship with China for years why not Cuba??,,,stupes,,only because cuba does not fit their so called vital intrest catorgory,,,,,,please,,,other nations are haveing good relations with cuba,,and the US is doing it underhand,,,,,,,,,,

8th Dec, 2002 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Exactly, the US will have relationships with countries where they know can get something from. I think Trinidad like any other country must stand for what they believe and not for what other countries want them to believe.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2004 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

It's good that Trinidad is getting along with other countries in the region, and Castro is one of the worlds greatest leaders in modern times, and alot of people high up in the USA have respected him for a long time, but have been unable to show it for obvious reasons. And maybe we can learn a thing or two from cuba, they have the best health and education systems in the world. Not bad for a country who have been isolated by the US for decades. Some say the communism system doesnt work, but i think with the problems countries like England have where i live, Capitalism Doesnt either wink.gif

sorry if i went a lil off topic smile.gif

21st Mar, 2004 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

And maybe we can learn a thing or two from cuba, they have the best health and education systems in the world. Not bad for a country who have been isolated by the US for decades. Some say the communism system doesnt work, but i think with the problems countries like England have where i live, Capitalism Doesnt either

Good points Trini. I personally do not agree with Communism and with the politics of Castro but I do have to admit that the health and education system there are excellent for such a small country. As you well said, Capitalism is not helping either in a lot of areas. I think Manning should get along with Castro just like he would get along with any other President.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Aug, 2004 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Manning Castro buddies this good

Recently, Manning returned from Cuba where he had a heart pacemaker installed as well as got lasik surgery so he no longer uses glasses. In addition to this he says he will be returning in November 2004 to have a check-up and conduct business with Cuba. It is obvious Manning really likes the place if he can trust his heart and eyes to it wink.gif

6th Oct, 2004 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

Manning Castro buddies this good Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I have to go back to the first point that was made about bigger countries watching what smaller countries like Trinidad do and who they associate with. Not that I think an invasion would happen, but there may come a time when Trinidad needs a larger country to assist them, and Manning would not want the fact that he associates/associated with a sworn enemy like Castro to be thrown back in his face. I'm not saying this will definitely happen, but associations like these can lead to problems down the road.

> TOPIC: Manning and Castro are buddies? Is this good?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,