Spanking Children In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3 of 6

Selman okay cool - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 29th Oct, 2002 - 9:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Disciplining a child in T&T - giving licks - spank
14th Oct, 2002 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Spanking Children In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3

X_Tempo...your point is very interesting. I never thought about the relationship between corporal punishment and slavery. Yes, in other countries spanking or physical punishment is not used and the kids are very well behave which means there are OTHER ways than we can use to teach our children. To me the fact that a father or a mother has to keep hitting a child is prove ENOUGH that the method is not working. :smile.gif
I think that 'time out' is a good way to discpline a child and let him to deal with her/his stress for a while with the door open in his/her room, so they can still see you around the house. The point is to teach a child, not make them feel inferior or treat them bad, the whole purpose of discipline is not only self-control but self-confidence....and when you hit a child you are saying that hitting it's okay as a way to resolve a situation . Plus some parents cannot really see the limit between the spanking and the abuse itself....and sometimes out of anger they hit their children so bad that it leaves bruises in their little bodies. I just cannot stand it! it makes me so vex to know that there are parents who do that!... :'( >:(
The truth is that I see it as a very primitive way to solve a problem not to mention that's the 'easiest' way since some parents don't want to take their time to teach their children with words!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2002 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Spanking Children In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Children Spanking

you know we could go on and on,,,,and we will never agree on spanking,,,,for some it works,,,for some it don't,,,,how many judges and lawers in this country admitted to a good old spanking by grandma,,,did spanking ever kill anyone,,not to my knowledge, hey but to each his own, I never regreted and of the spanking I got when I was a kid,,,never did,,,but some thing is wrong intoday world,,,,seems to me that the kids of today has no respect for nobody,,,just look at to crime rate in the US,,,wonder why? seem like most of the kids have no fear, respect  and value for their fellow men,,,,,,

21st Oct, 2002 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Spanking Children In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

kids of today has no respect for nobody

Thats because they are not taught to respect themselves. You may think I am all soft for saying this, but the answer really is to love them. Now most people misunderstand love... Love is an action word... it does not mean only saying "I love you" but actually doing the things that will help the kid understand what is wrong. Here is a simple example: how can a kid be told to respect others if his/her parents do not teach respect through their actions. For instance they insist that the child should say, "please" and "thankyou" but the parents do not use these words at all. Go figure.

The point in my eyes is that parents resort to spanking so quickly. They used it as the first measure of what they believe is 'teaching' rather than the last.

I never regreted and of the spanking I got when I was a kid,,,never did,,,

I hear most people say that, but somehow in going deeper into their lives I see that they are somehow limited in their ability to express love. This is not meant to you. Its just an observance. I used to say the same thing and when I got wiser I found myself not as considerate to others as I could be.

kids have no fear, respect  and value for their fellow men

I think this has a lot to do with TV and computer games that give young minds that feeling to rebel. Again where are the parents? Maybe they could be spending quality time with their children so that TV and computer games are not as interesting as mommy or daddy?

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2002 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Tobago and Trinidad Children Spanking

Quote:kids of today has no respect for nobody  

Thats because they are not taught to respect themselves. You may think I am all soft for saying this, but the answer really is to love them. Now most people misunderstand love... Love is an action word... it does not mean only saying "I love you" but actually doing the things that will help the kid understand what is wrong. Here is a simple example: how can a kid be told to respect others if his/her parents do not teach respect through their actions. For instance they insist that the child should say, "please" and "thankyou" but the parents do not use these words at all. Go figure.

The point in my eyes is that parents resort to spanking so quickly. They used it as the first measure of what they believe is 'teaching' rather than the last.

Quote:I never regreted and of the spanking I got when I was a kid,,,never did,,,  

I hear most people say that, but somehow in going deeper into their lives I see that they are somehow limited in their ability to express love. This is not meant to you. Its just an observance. I used to say the same thing and when I got wiser I found myself not as considerate to others as I could be.

Quote:kids have no fear, respect  and value for their fellow men  

I think this has a lot to do with TV and computer games that give young minds that feeling to rebel. Again where are the parents? Maybe they could be spending quality time with their children so that TV and computer games are not as interesting as mommy or daddy?  

Well the right to agree or the right to disagree here,,,,this topic is good for a dabate,,,but there will be no winners,,,,, I say spear the ROD and Spoil the child,,,,point well taken JB wink.gif

22nd Oct, 2002 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Children Spanking

Why children should have 'fear' for their fellowmen? can anyone explain me this? or is meant in another way the word 'fear'?

22nd Oct, 2002 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

I will give more of my thoughts when somebody reply to that question first. Thanks smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2002 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Spanking Children Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3

Sorry my BAD wink.gif,,,,,,,,,,,fear was the wrong word i use,,,,,,no one should fear their fellowmen but rather fear GOD,,,,my bad 8)

Why children should have 'fear' for their fellowmen? can anyone explain me this? or is meant in another way the word 'fear'?

29th Oct, 2002 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Spanking Children Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Selman okay cool smile.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Spanking Children In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,