Kidnapping / Elections / Help Us! - Page 4 of 10

Hi again, thanks for the welcome. My wife - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2002 - 1:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »
22nd Sep, 2002 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Kidnapping / Elections / Help Us! - Page 4

Tourist - you should register... we have 'real' open eyed Trinidadians on this forum, well at least most of them. I agree with you, but saddened that the population oes not choose to do anything about it.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Sep, 2002 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Us Elections Kidnapping

Tourist, what can I say man?. You're sooo right. In other forums you will see people over defending Trinidad but in here we like to be impartial in our thinking. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Feel free to post any messages. Take Care smile.gif

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2002 - 8:16am / Post ID: #

Kidnapping / Elections / Help Us!
A Friend

Kidnapping / Elections / Help Us! Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Thanks for invitation to register, which I have done. Hello and greetings to you all. my post as tourist was harsh but I think closer to reality than what I see on many Trinidad sites and forums. Trinidad also has some great things going for it, but I just feel that some people hide their head in the sand , and do not take into consideration the problems and significant difficulties that must be faced.
I should confess that I have a strong connection to Trinidad but do not live there.
regards and respect to everyone.

23rd Sep, 2002 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Us Elections Kidnapping

Terence - sure thing. Welcome to the forum and bring your friends, We have other boards too that you may wish to contribute to.

On another note. The country recently heard a speech where Abu Bakr said 'sorry' for the coup in July 1990. Is this the true attitude of 'sorry' that Trinidad needs? He also said that there were rumors concerning the PM making him the minister of national security after the election?
???

If that were to happen I think we would be equal to dancing with the devil. I hear nothing about the victims and business owners who suffered and died during the coup... all I hear is squabbles over land! Sick!  

:spock: Totally Illogical

23rd Sep, 2002 - 10:21am / Post ID: #

Us Elections Kidnapping

Terrence, thanks for your inputs. Where are you from by the way? Hope to see you often in here. All the best!

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2002 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Revised List of Electors being posted today

The Revised List of electors for the October 7 General Election will be posted today in all 36 constituencies in Trinidad and Tobago.

Persons have until Wednesday to object to names appearing on the list for the first time.

Employees of the Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC) worked all day yesterday in an effort have the list ready for today. The list will be posted at the same two addresses with the Preliminary List.

The EBC disclosed on Friday that it had received 2,144 objections to names appearing on the Preliminary List in the five marginal constituencies. Of these 218 objections were allowed.

Jacqueline Lazarus, Campaign Manager for PNM Diego Martin West candidate Dr Keith Rowley has written EBC Chief Elections Officer Howard Cayenne on how the Commission would deal with persons whose names were deleted from the Revised List and later reinstated.

She recalled that in the 2001 election a number of these cases were reported in the constituency in which electors names were not on the revised list, although they were on the Preliminary List and which were not on the list of deletions.

Lazarus said those persons having not been served with Form 21, and having not appeared on the list of deletions, were misled into believing that all was well for them to vote on election day when that was not so.

She added that in some cases, people were allowed to vote very late in the day having satisfied the EBC, by producing current utility bills in their names as proof that they still resided at their original homes, together with other documentation which in the Commission's view was satisfactory.

She said a great number of others were not that fortunate, and therefore were disenfranchised as a result.

Lazarus asked Cayenne to also indicate what documentation shall suffice to establish the residence of the person so as to avoid frustrating the electoral process on October 7.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2002 - 10:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Kidnapping / Elections / Us - Page 4

CA announces plan for youth development

If elected Citizens Alliance said it will institute a system of application on demand to the Defence Forces. Under the system spaces will be created for youths to join a development programme facilitated by the Defence Forces.

CA said it will develop a two year programme for applicants in which they will live in a disciplined environment, receive an education in technical and trade skills which can be used for small businesses.

"They will be given a stipend with a compulsory saving system," CA said. In a media release CA called on the State to act quickly and decisively in providing a safety mechanism for vulnerable young people in order to prevent a deepening of the social crisis now facing TT. CA said more attention should be given to crime prevention.

"While we have zeroed in on catching criminals, we are not focusing on embracing and engaging the young people of the nation who are vulnerable to crime situations." CA said many young people have lost hope in the State and as a result are not convinced that they matter. CA is contesting 18 seats in the the General Elections on October 7.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2002 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Kidnapping / Elections / Us Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

Hi again, thanks for the welcome. My wife is a Trini. We live in England. We visit Tobago quite often and meet up with her family who come and visit us.
Going again in October.After the election!
We are blessed and lucky to be able to do this.We never take it for granted.  
:brght I can feel the sun already.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Kidnapping / Elections / Help Us!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,