Any Tips For Training? - Page 3 of 4

Thanks for the tips, LDS. The other problem - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Apr, 2006 - 6:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Any Tips For Training? Related Information to Any Tips For Training?
Post Date: 24th Oct, 2003 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?
A Friend

Any Tips For Training? - Page 3

Yea, the cloth ones were pretty reasonably priced, but the disposable ones are expensive because she's in the biggest size they have on the shelf.  I'll just be happy once she gets out of them all together and she starts wearing her 'big girl pants'.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2003 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?
A Friend

Training Tips Any

I was gonna post this update last night, but with my child sick, I didn't have the time to get to it til now.  My 2 yr old finally used the potty for the first time yesterday afternoon!  :D  I was so happy, I almost cried.  She was so proud, saying 'look, look.'  Ah, won't be long before we start getting her some 'big girl panties'.  ;)

14th Nov, 2003 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

CONGRATS Mss!!!! biggrin.gif She's such a big girl now huh? wink.gif She's sooo cute!!! I can imagine your face of happiness and her face of excitment wink.gif

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2003 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?
A Friend

Page 3 Training Tips Any

Yea she even used the potty twice today.  Shady is so proud of her and she just keeps clapping her hands with glee when she goes.  :)

16th Nov, 2003 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Training Tips Any

Awww that's soooo sweet!!!!. Felipe now is a big boy and goes to the bathroom by himself, he cleans himself and all, I just check on him if he does it properly. He doesn't want me to go with him to the bathroom anymore he says 'Go outside, go outside' :smile.gif LOL

10th Apr, 2006 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training?

My son will be 3 in July and I feel like he is not even close to going to the potty yet. We have exposed him to the concept of the potty by allowing him to watch us when we go, and trust me, he wants to watch us everytime we go. He'll tell us after he goes in his diapers, and there has been a few times he wanted to sit on the potty, but he never did anything.
We have the training pants; should we have him wear those consistently or only during the day? Our daughter is 11 and we've forgotten how we even trained her (I believe she learned at day-care). Our current day-care person has a 3-year old son herself who is not potty trained either, and she has told us she is not worried about rushing him into it. I just feel that by 3, a child should be potty trained or very close to it. Am I being paranoid?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Apr, 2006 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Any Tips Training - Page 3

Malexander, I understand your frustration and I am going to give my personal opinion on the matter, I hope I do not offend anyone.
Considering the circumsntances of each child and their needs, I think a 3 years old should be potty trained or VERY close to it. I do not think you're being paranoid. In my experience living in the US (with all respect) I see children as old as 4 on these "training diapers" and I was shocked. Actually, these training diapers seem to extend the period that the child wears the diapers (because they still diapers!) instead of helping to get rid of it. In my experience with Felipe, I did not use the training diapers at all because of my same explanation. What I did was take him several times in the bathroom every day and when I needed to go, I would say loud "I need to use the potty, I need to use the potty" so he will associate my words with me going to the bathroom. Now, if you're really want him out of diapers get ready for some accidents. I would suggest doing that and then just take off his diapers during the day while he is at home, start with a couple of hours and if he gets in any accident, talk to him and tell him that's why he needs to use the potty (kids in general do not like to mess themselves) after several accidents he will get the point.

There is also this commercial that sells I think is soap and toilet paper (I am not sure) it's just for kids maybe that also encourage him because it's colorful and have a turtle or some kind of animal on it.*

Update:* It's called "Kandoo"

Hope it helps wink.gif
LDS

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 10th Apr, 2006 - 6:46pm

10th Apr, 2006 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Any Tips Training Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Thanks for the tips, LDS. The other problem is that he is in daycare 3 days out of the week, and the other two days my wife is busy with school work etc. It is just so much easier to have him in a diaper and worry about messes, but I think it is time to make a drastic change. Maybe on the weekends we can also try to tackle the problem together.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Any Tips For Training?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,