Any Tips For Training? - Page 4 of 4

Hi Malexander, The advice that LDS has given - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Apr, 2006 - 7:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Any Tips For Training? Related Information to Any Tips For Training?
10th Apr, 2006 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Any Tips For Training? - Page 4

Oh, I understand. Well, you see he is comfortable with diapers but he really needs to start going to the bathroom or at least trying to, maybe during those two days your wife could make a big sacrifice and let him be without diapers during those two days but make sure the transition is smooth, otherwise would be too shocking for him. Children in general need time for adaptation and the fact that your wife is two days of the week at home with him would help a lot. Not to mention you all will save so much money! laugh.gif
LDS

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2006 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Training Tips Any

Hi Malexander, The advice that LDS has given you is good solid advice, and you won't go far wrong with it!

With my job, I spend my time potty training children, and have so far trained at least 30 kids.
All are different, and all learn at their own pace,I find the more anxious a parent gets, the more a child picks up on it, and reacts to it.
So even though you might feel frustrated over it, it's best to try to conceal it.

As LDS said, most children do not like soiling themselves, so if pull ups aren't working for your son, I would suggest to go straight to underpants, but be prepared for a few 'clear ups' for a couple of weeks. Sometimes, the pull ups feel too much like a nappy to some children, so they don't know the difference between soiling in a pull up to soiling in a nappy. (I've found in my experience this to be more common in boys than girls)

The soap idea off LDS, I have also used a few times, in the fact that some of the children that I have looked after have a favorite color, I then go out and get a bar of soap in the same color,this seems to work well with some children.

My eldest son who is now 16, but when he was 2, I spent the day in the lounge with him, with the potty, a jug of juice, and a stack of underpants, I simply gave him a cup of juice every hour, and every half hour sat him on the potty. Some children just need to be directed to the potty whilst having a full bladder, this was the case for my eldest son, he was potty trained and dry both day and night from this one day that I spent in the lounge with him!

I have found, that you have to be consistent though, if you start on one type of training, ie-- putting your child in proper underpants, it is no good putting him in pull ups just because you want to go out, this is giving mixed messages, and 'giving permission' to soil just because they have now been put in pull ups.

My daughter's incentive was the soap, it cost a lot in soap, but it was worth it, and at least it taught her good hygiene *laughs*

My 3 year old son, has been one of the hardest children to train that I have ever trained!
Everything was on his terms, and took longer than any other child, but was still dry within a month. With him, we tried the pull ups and got nowhere,every time he got off the potty, pulled up his pants, he would either do a wee or a poo, and we were back to square one! so after 3 weeks of this, I put him straight into underpants both day and night, he moaned quite a bit about it, but within a week, he too was 'clean and dry'.
(If you are trying this, don't forget to put a waterproof on the bed!)

Hope this helps, but just remember, all kids eventually do get trained, so just keep smiling, (I feel sometimes as though my life revolves around cleaning up toddlers bottoms) laugh.gif

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Any Tips For Training?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,