Electric Cars Vs. Petrol Cars

Electric Cars Vs Petrol Cars - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 1st Apr, 2018 - 4:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Both produce pollution just in a different way...
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2010 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Electric cars 'simply transfer pollution to power station'

An Auckland publisher has produced a report that criticises the electric car as being no more environmentally friendly than petrol cars. Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2011 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Cars Petrol Vs Cars Electric

Electric car future envisaged

Kiwis could be able to affordably convert their petrol-powered cars to electric vehicles, says a Japanese executive who is pushing his company's electric vehicle prototype technology in New Zealand. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2015 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

Electric Cars Vs. Petrol Cars Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

'Polluting' electric vehicles? Groups say that's not true for Wasatch Front

Are electric cars worse than gasoline-powered cars because of pollution from coal-fired power plants? Ref. Source 2

8th Jan, 2015 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Actually I thought this would be a hotter topic. Please raise your hand if your drive or take a bus. Keep your hand up if you know any of the long term effects of this travel. Now if you still have you hand up please state what you know. I discuss this often at work but never get good answers from the electric car lovers.

SO here are my Questions.

1) per mile driven in your country what are the unwanted emissions or waste you produce.

A) for a normal gas engine (91 octane).

B))for an electric car (Remember there is co emissions as well as nuclear waste and battery disposal issues. I am not going to consider the electrical component waste as it is common to all autos.)

C) Natural gas car.

D) Propane car.

E) water car.

F) Diesel (Petroleum based)

G) Diesel (Biofuel please state type)

F) Air car (Motor runs off of compressed air)

G)Solar car (Will entertain in this class a solar/air combo to ease the issue of night driving.)

If you know of more types being seriously considered please post them also the GEET fuel delivery system. If full applied can achieve incredible mileage on a normal carburetor motor.

Pros and cons for all types should be responded. To so we can all actually understand the political/ environmental and practical issues for the different propulsion types. I am also assuming each country and district will have unique issues.

I will first address electrical cars here in Ontario our make up is 10% gas 2% wind, 1% other, 7% coal, 25% Hydro(Water), 55% Nuclear. So we have many types of pollution involved.

Co2 produce in grams per kWh is generated from this data.

Nuclear 30.5
Natural gas 450
Coal 986
Hydro 25
Wind 65.5
Solar 362

Keep in mind this is from raw state to electrons in your home (Data based from 2009) Credit to och, Frans F. International Energy Agency

Now we can calculate the combine co2 emissions per kWh. I figured to around 95 grams per kWh.

1 000 megawatt nuclear power station produces approximately 300m3 of low and intermediate-level waste per year and some 30 tonnes of high-level, solid, packed waste per year. (Keep in mind coal fire generator also produce nuclear waste. From what I understand it is Thorium and Uranium and world wide produce more then the Nuclear generators.)

Not real sure how to convert this to pounds per kWh. But 1 gW per hour generated is 1 gWh. 365 day 24 hour per day is 8760 hours. Does this mean the total garbage for nuclear is represented by 8760 gWh? If so divide numbers by 8760000000 to get kWh waste.

Either way the point is that nuclear is far from clean but not bad for co2 emissions. So which is worse to you waste that kills instantly and lasts thousands of years or a hole in the ozone. Not a great choice either way.

NOW the cool part electric motors deliver 100% torque at zero RPM making them the best potential for drag racing. Just need to figure out how to get the battery capacity high enough to match 5000 HP gas motor. My proof on this is the Tesla car very fast handles well and far cheaper to run them a Farrari.

If is only operating cost you care about go electric much lower maintenance and the motors should far outlast the gas ones. They also produce no noise pollution.

This is good and bad as if you are not seen you will not be heard to the big crash of some one hitting you.

Well I will try to post more thoughts on this later.

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2018 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A better researched collection on the CO2 emissions of various power generation methods. NREL website Here you'll find detailed documentation on lifetime CO2 emissions of the various technologies. By far nuclear wins it, hands down, at under 13 grams, solar is second at 55 grams CO2 eq/kWhr. Here in BC, all of our electricity is generated by renewables, and we export it. The EV vehicle technology is not just a requirement to remove the uneeded emissions from our planet, it is a more efficient way to get from point A to B.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 29th Jan, 2018 - 4:28pm

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2018 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Electric vehicle battle over materials heats up amid Trump tariffs and trade talks. This renewed push to lower the costs of electric vehicles has set the stage for another industry battle — a battle for market share between steel and aluminum in the automotive industry. Source 8h.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Electric Cars Vs. Petrol Cars

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,