Mormons & Drugs - Beware

Mormons Drugs Beware - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st May, 2014 - 3:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Should we be looking to commercial drugs in order to 'fix' our bodies or do we already have what we need through the Word of Wisdom? Controversial Mormon Issue.
13th Jan, 2003 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Drugs - Beware

There are many drugs available on the market to 'cure' or give 'lifts' to the body and mind. In some people's homes you will find in the medicine cabinet an array of medicines for all sorts of things.

What do you think - are members generally not following the Word of Wisdom and using the natural healing of fasting, pure water, eating little meat, using herbs, and getting regular exercise and so on or are they bent on eating all they want, not exercising and then popping a pill for that headache or for that upset stomach?

Some things to think about;
1. Fasting actually helps the body rid itself of disease causing waste and poisons
2. We worry about the caffeine in chocolate or coffee but easily down lots of aspirin
3. Most members do not think exercise is part of the Word of Wisdom
4. Most members dwell in the resurrected body to come that they think it is a license to mistreat the body they now have.
5. Typical LDS dinners often contain lots of meat

Sponsored Links:
28th Dec, 2003 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Beware Drugs and Mormons

While I agree that many members don't really live the Word of Wisdom as well as they should, I don't think it is wrong to rely on modern medicine either. I see nothing wrong with taking an aspirin or antacid if needed. That is not an excuse to abuse our bodies, but I don't think one should ignore the blessing that modern medicine can be when used in conjunction with healthy living. I believe Heavenly Father's hand is in the medical discoveries made and so we should avail ourselves of them. However, I don't think we can spend our entire lives abusing our bodies and not really living the Word of Wisdom to the best of our ability and then expect Heavenly Father to heal us when we get sick.

If you smoke and then get lung cancer, should you expect to be healed or is the cancer what you bargained for when you chose to smoke? i realize not all lung cancer is due to smoking, I am just using this as an example. I lost an Aunt to lung cancer so I am not singling out smokers in any way either.

28th Dec, 2003 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Mormons & Drugs - Beware Studies Doctrine Mormon

Interesting topic. Is funny how we usually pray to have health and at the same time we do not live the Word of Wisdom like Heavenly Father expects from us, so how we could expect his blessings of health?.

I don't see anything wrong with taking an aspirin for instance. I hate to take pills of any kind, I rather herbs and other natural remedies but I know of people who abuse the use of aspirins and other over-the-counter medicines who they think are okay but they become addictive to them, yes like a drug. Just because something doesnt smell like marijuana or taste like cocaine, it doesn't mean is not a drug and it doesn't mean is good for our bodies. Anything in excess is bad, in my opinion.

30th Apr, 2014 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Beware Drugs and Mormons

One important thing is monitor the kind of friends your kids have since they're usually the ones introducing the drugs.

Post Date: 1st May, 2014 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

Beware Drugs and Mormons

Name: Quaper

Comments: I don't even know why you would do [any kind of] drugs to begin with its just a dumb idea.

1st May, 2014 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Mormons & Drugs - Beware

I read somewhere that statistics show a very low percentage of LDS kids using drugs compared to other religions, not sure if is accurate.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Mormons & Drugs - Beware

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,