Former Postal Worker Goes Berserk

Former Postal Worker Berserk - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2006 - 9:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

In good old USA... Cali to boot.
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2006 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Female ex-employee kills six people, self, in shooting at postal sorting offices in Goleta, California, authorities say.
Ref. CNN.com

Sponsored Links:
31st Jan, 2006 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Berserk Worker Postal Former

From what I read, this was the deadliest workplace shooting ever carried out by a woman. She was said to have reloaded her gun at least one time during the incident. It will be interesting to hear the circumstances under which she was released from the Post Office, and what led up to the shootings. Those details are being withheld from the public, at least the last time I checked on the story.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

2nd Feb, 2006 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

Former Postal Worker Goes Berserk History & Civil Business Politics

Well it seems that this did not begin with the Post Office as she also took out her neighbor. She must have had a serious grudge set off by mental or depressive circumstances, but only time will tell:

POLICE LINK NEIGHBOR'S DEATH TO POSTAL SHOOTER

A woman wounded in a rampage by a former postal worker died Wednesday, and investigators said the assailant also killed a former neighbor just before the attack, bringing the death toll to eight.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/01/postal.sh...g.ap/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2006 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Its things like this that lend credence to the term, "going postal". I have often wondered what makes postal works so much more prone to stressful breaks. And if your going to kill yourself, then why not just do it and not kill six other people? What purpose does killing all those other people serve but to cause more anguish to the living!?

2nd Feb, 2006 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Konquererz)
What purpose does killing all those other people serve but to cause more anguish to the living!?

From what I have seen in other cases, it would seem that revenge is the ultimate act here, maybe you can call it 'sweet' revenge, but keep in mind that this person was mental as is with all people I think would do such things. She just flipped, cracked, had a brain meltdown and all her inhibitions were brought to the front.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Feb, 2006 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

No doubt that mental instability is involved, but the bigger question that Konq pointed out is why Post Office workers seem to be more prone to this than other professions? Are postal workers being treated so badly that those with mental problems are being driven to fits of rage and violence?

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Former Postal Worker Goes Berserk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,