68-year-old Cleaning Woman Wins $294 Million

- Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Jul, 2004 - 1:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th Jul, 2004 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

68-year-old Cleaning Woman Wins $294 Million

From CNN:

BRAINTREE, Massachusetts (AP) -- A 68-year-old cleaning woman stepped forward Friday to claim the $294 million Mega Millions jackpot, the second-largest jackpot ever to go to a single person in North America.

"I'm in disbelief. I can't believe it's me," Geraldine Williams told reporters at lottery headquarters.

Williams cleaned homes after retiring as a custodian at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell.

"She was a wonderful person," said Mary Recko, a worker in the physical plant department at UMass-Lowell. "Everybody liked her. All of us here are so happy that it was her who won."

Friends and family described Williams as a down-to-earth woman who fully intended to keep an appointment to clean a client's home until she was told she had to meet with financial advisers in Boston....

https://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/07/09...r.ap/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
10th Jul, 2004 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Million Wins Woman Cleaning -year-old

I was very glad to see someone who did not have a lot win the Mega Millions. The last big winner of a major lottery was a business owner in W Va who really didnt need the money. This lady also, from what I have read, seems to be a very nice person who contributes to the needy in her community. She even mentioned cleaning the house she had promised to clean before learning she had won the lottery. Now she can hire people to clean her own house!

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

> TOPIC: 68-year-old Cleaning Woman Wins $294 Million

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,