Technology?

Technology - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 10th Sep, 2003 - 11:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2003 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Technology?
A Friend

Technology?

I know that many times, when someone mentions technology, many people automatically think Computers... however technology affects almost everything we do every day of our lives in one way or another... My question to you then is... if you removed technology from your life, what would you be lacking? Take a day and think about what it would be like without technology and describe it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2003 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Technology?
A Friend

Technology

I would be lacking nothing.
I grew up spending much of my time in a very rural environment.
Most of my grandparents and their siblings were old country farmers, and I still haunt the mountains and up country rivers.

2nd Apr, 2003 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Technology? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I'm sure that you didn't miss anything, don't ya Stranger? I found that people who had childhoods in rural environments had more fun than the ones now that have computers and all sort of stuff and they even say they're bored! :smile.gif can you believe that?. My grandmom always tell me about her childhood, she's 80 years old and she always tell me how much fun she had just swimming in the river or playing with animals around. Sometimes I feel I wanna raise my son in a farm, you know, like in 'Little House on the Prairie' and become the Ingalls Family ;D

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2003 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Technology?
A Friend

Technology

LDS,
Yes, I had a great childhood.
We never stayed indoors, rarely watched TV, were always playing sports of some kind, or hunting or fishing or just tramping the woods (when we weren't vandalizing our neighbors).
We had it made. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2nd Apr, 2003 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Technology

We had it made. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

That's great to know Stranger smile.gif.  *sigh*...oh people, people, sometimes I deeply feel we need to got back to the basics in order to make this world more peaceful and become a more happy and unselfish people. Technology brings us speed yes, and we need it in a way, but we cannot get lost in the process and forget about the things that really matters. Computers, TV's, stereos, or the latest of robots cannot replace the human warmth, the friendship, the experiences we could learn from interacting with each other. Sometimes I see children using the computers and the parents speaking to them and they just ignored them totally like if they're in another world. The same with the television.
I guess that's one of the reasons that the Amish community or quakers lived a life pretty different to us.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2003 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Technology?
A Friend

Technology?

I guess that's one of the reasons that the Amish community or quakers lived a life pretty different to us.

I have had occassion to deal with both some Amish and Minnonite communities. They are very neat people.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2003 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Technology

I have had occassion to deal with both some Amish and Minnonite communities. They are very neat people.

Really? that's awesome. There are plenty in Argentina but I never had the chance to meet them. There are none in Trinidad but I would love to spend a week or so living like they do smile.gif

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2003 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Technology?
A Friend

Technology Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Let's see, I think I would be lacking quite a bit.  Without some of the tech stuff we have now, like radios, tvs, video games systems, and even electricity, i would have to find other ways to pass my time.  I guess I would probably spend more time reading books, and probably start some different hobbies, or pick up some old hobbies that I haven't done in a while.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Technology?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,