Hunting Virus Creators

Hunting Virus Creators - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 6th Dec, 2003 - 6:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2003 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

Hunting Virus Creators
A Friend

Hunting Virus Creators

Computer virus creators rarely face jail

Although nearly 63,000 viruses have rolled through the Internet, causing an estimated $65 billion in damage, criminal prosecutions have been few, penalties light and just a handful of people have gone to prison for spreading the destructive bugs.

A Minnesota teenager was arrested Friday, accused of disseminating a version of "Blaster." But investigators scrambling to trace that infection, along with "Sobig" and other computer viruses face a daunting challenge: an incredibly hard-to-track international crime set in an obscure and anonymous environment.

They also say they are hampered by antiquated laws and, for many years, a winking or even admiring attitude toward virus creators.

https://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/...s.ap/index.html

I think with alot of the technology we have today, they could probably catch more than just a few of these people.  But I also know it's like finding a needle in a haystack.  The way I look at it, if they can catch one or two, they probably could catch more than that, if the officials really wanted to go after these hackers and virus creators.  

Sponsored Links:
6th Dec, 2003 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Creators Virus Hunting

Actually those who are on the 'dark side' tend to be way more advanced than those on the good. Reason being is it is easier to find a exploit than it is to find protection. This battle will always rage on.

> TOPIC: Hunting Virus Creators

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,