Anil Roberts - Page 4 of 6

I just read that statement and the part that - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 31st Jul, 2014 - 10:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Best of  Anil Roberts Personality - Former Minister of Sports & Youth Affairs
27th Jul, 2014 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Anil Roberts - Page 4

I read in the Express the letter that Mr. Roberts wrote to the Prime Minister with regards to the scandal video. He denies all allegation of drug use or hiring prostitutes. I have to assume then that for Minister Anil Roberts, the man in the video is just a doppelgänger:

international QUOTE
Let me state at the onset that, I Anil O.E. Roberts have never indulged, partaken or used any illegal drugs in my entire life nor have I ever indulged, solicited, requested, engaged or employed any form of prostitution. Further, I have no recollection of the events portrayed in the video.

I confirm that I have not used any drugs inclusive of marijuana during my tenure as a Minister of your Government. It is with great sadness that I have watched a relentless media campaign designed to defame, hurt and disrespect not only me, buy my wife, children and unborn child, as well as my constituents, my government and you my beloved Prime Minister. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2014 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

Roberts Anil

This morning Anil Roberts was grilled by a CNC3 Morning Show journalist who asked all the tough questions and Anil Roberts maintained his stance. She also asked him if the PM is protecting him and he replied that if he was being protected by the PM then she would not have closed the programme and turned the LifeSport info over to the police and DPP. She also asked Anil Roberts which cricket team he supported in the CPL I suppose to see if he would say "Trinidad & Tobago" Red Steel but he did not and answered vaguely that he supported all the teams including the "Red Steel".

28th Jul, 2014 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Anil Roberts Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I didn't see the interview but I find journalists ask the right questions but they let it go too easily when the interviewee does not answer or is being dismissive. Anyways, Roberts seem to have an answer for everything. The first question I would ask him is: Are you saying that the man in the video is someone with your same look and same tone of voice?

I don't know if people know but there is technology in place to determine if the man in the video is him, just using a voice recognition program from previous interviews compared to the man shown in the video. I would love to see the media doing this.

31st Jul, 2014 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Roberts Anil

The PM just announced at a conference: Anil Roberts resigned! The PM is acting on wide public opinion.

31st Jul, 2014 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Roberts Anil

Even after leaving he must be the one having control (Resigning instead of having the PM firing him). I am absolutely sure there was some kind of "Deal" Taking place for this to happen.

31st Jul, 2014 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Anil Roberts

I'm not surprised. The Express was publishing three or four articles about him needing to resign every single day and TV6 was all over him, even people were collecting signatures online to send to Kamla.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Jul, 2014 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Anil Roberts - Page 4

The following is the statement that the PM gave with regards to Anil Roberts resignation. One could say public pressure played a big role:

international QUOTE
I continue to be disillusioned, disappointed and distressed by the level of deception and dishonesty associated with the well intentioned LifeSport programme.

The background is well known. At the hint of corrupt practices I immediately ordered that the initiative be switched to the Ministry of National Security and instructed an independent audit be conducted.

After the findings of this audit were made available, I instructed that the report be sent to the Acting of Commissioner of Police, the Integrity Commission, the Head of the Public of the Service and the DPP for consideration.

But even as we await the finding of these independent institutions on the matter, the usual duties of the Minister of Sport are being burdened with the mounting controversy and questions surrounding the LifeSport programme. Source 5

31st Jul, 2014 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Anil Roberts Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

I just read that statement and the part that caught my attention was:

international QUOTE
The election of this government has changed the political landscape. The expectation of the public that something will be done when wrongs are committed in public office are now the hallmarks of good governance.

It seems like a big hint that this decision (I will assume, pressure for Roberts to resign) comes from our own citizens.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Anil Roberts

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,